Progess!

by Jon Preston 35 Replies latest jw friends

• bemused
    bemused

Wow, that's great news!

It does make me wonder though how many more couples are out there, both with doubts but worried about sharing them.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Thanks everyone!!! Im still in disbelief and we are still trying to figure out what to do....the house we rent has witness owners and many people are tryng to contact us so its crazy

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

A year after I left, my wife “blindsided” me with this same thing. She told me that she never believed it was the “truth” and how arrogant it is to think you have the only and absolute true religion. She was just going along with it because of her mom and me. She originally got baptized at 17 so she could date me.

Enjoy this. There’s hardly a better feeling than knowing you got out with your immediate family. I was able to spare my 2 kids from bearing this burden. My son barely remembers the meetings and stopped asking to go a while ago.

Congratulations.

Also, try to get your wife to understand that she doesn’t have to play by the WT’s rules. It’s not living a lie to just walk away. However, I can appreciate having some closure. My wife and I never Da’d of were Df’d. We wanted to make sure we could still have communication with our family who remain brainwashed.

I'm happy for you and your wife.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Congrats Jon,

A fade or leaving is an emotional thing that may still have ups and downs. Just support her, love her, and be honest with her.

Just leaving is not living a lie. Playing by THEIR RULES and either getting DF'd or DA' is the real lie. It might be an emotional response from her right now. Think about trying to be balanced. Then again.....if she really wants out, I guess you go for it!

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Hi John Preston, your wife is wonderfull , a real help for you.

Now , once you both are out of "org" , there is an open "door" in front of you to be real Christians

Jesus said: "Seek first God's Kingdom and His righteousness" ...you will find that these words of Jesus will have a new significance for you after leaving the org.

Follow Jesus and remain in his teaching and you will have both the Son and the Father ! 2John 1:9

wt

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Update: well today we have decided that until we are out of our house and move we will continue a slow fade. My wife told me that if i was so strong in these feelings to DA but the. We thought of repruccusions should i take that road. She still wants to believe but admits its mostly because she was raised this way. Shes willng to go over and research material that may oppose the opinion of the Org. I think this is cognitive dissonance at work because shes holding on. So we will continue our "family study" but it will be material ive found on sites like JWfacts and such. Soon she may read Rays book and perhaps ill present her with Captives of a concept. And of course we will read the bible without Goggles. Thanks for all the posts and hell! More to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit