Progess!

by Jon Preston 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Well my wife asked me loint blank..."do you wanna be a witness anymore?" And i told her no.

we then went into 1914 and shunning and 1975 and she said sheswondered many times about it.

Anyways she said "so what do we do now?" And i just told her we need to explore our beliefs and enjoynour freedom. She said do we DA or DF because she cant live anlie she must be honest. A huge breakthrough and now we are fishing. I am absolutely stunned! i just opened up and now shes saying she wants to move because she cant deal with others ofnour friends judging her and we need to leave....this is crazy!

JP

• humbled
    humbled

So WONDERFUL !!

The two of you coming to this----together.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Honestly i wasnt exlectng it....she asked and i was just....honest....and ive learned loew about my wonderful wife in an hour and i have eliminated her wondering why i have been irritable and angry...shes revealed her discontent wih the org and she just basically said shoukdnshe disassociate because she wont fade....more to come. oh and she told me to grow the f**k up and just trust her with all things....and its awesome...hot even lol

JP

• cofty
    cofty

Wow - so happy for you both. You are a lucky man.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Thanks cofty!!!! Youve been a hige help mate....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Personally, I see "fading" as simply leaving them without feeling you have to give them their "official notice" of DA. Certainly it also has advantages for those who do not want to be officially shunned by family/friends, but I see going through the motion of formally disassociating to be playing by their rules. JMHO

If you were a member of a gym or the PTA and decided to quit attending, would you feel compelled to type up a nice "I quit" letter to send them?

Congrats on your progress together. Nice to see that it's possible to remain married and continue living happily ever after.

Doc

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Its not up ti me now DOC....i told her the options and we will decide whatever she wishes...ive expressed hefore that what she decides im wish...i care about NO one but her

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Isn't it sad that so many who leave the cult have thought about moving, or have moved to get away from possible harassment or unpleasant encounters with former "loving" associates? Other than the Amish I can't think of another religion that would make people want to take such a drastic step. But hooray for you and your wife for breaking free together!

• carla
  • Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Itay be sad but im moving because my daughters will benefit from better schooling and more fun to help us grow as a family....its an opportunity to grow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit