Statement by David Clohessy, Director of SNAP: JWs predator escapes consequences

by AndersonsInfo 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I'm in a shitty, cynical mood, I often wonder if the heel-dragging over extending the sex abuse SOL is because, in part, the courts are scared the floodgates are gonna open and they won't be able to handle the sheer volume of cases...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Vidiot,

It definitely is one of the reasons. The backlog of cases already in the system is staggering. A large percentage of these cases would fail b/c time makes it hard to prove things. The older the litigant, the funnier it looks. The burden of proof remains the same. Hey, things happen in my life that I know I can sue in theory. The law says so and so and it happened. Proof is the problem.

Simple facts are eloquent. I don't think anyone here is ignorant or intentionally going over the top. Not every law suit filed is with merit. To herald cases without merit takes away from the compellling cases. The two-witness rule is the strongest way to attack the WT. A short letter to the editor might get published. These cases exist everywhere in religion and in secular life. Maybe some people are too insular withi the apostate community. The people I know would find extreme when there is no extreme and "archaic" objectionable. Some religion is battling another religion all the time.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

What if we could castrate the sex-offenders so they don't hurt anyone else? It seems every week we are coming across old Witnesses who are active Elders who practice "Child Rape" while ruling as "princes" in the Watchtower's Spiritual Paradise. I would like to make their "Pedophile Paradise" more public, how do we get the word out the Kingdom Halls are not safe places for the children?

• zebagain
    zebagain

BOTR: I wonder what the penalty for paedophila would be in said asian country?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

North Korean officials have repeatedly stated in North Korea there are no homosexuals. Following their line of thought, one might wonder why, and also make a rather qualified guess at what the punishment for paedoes would be ..................

Up against the wall.

• blondie
    blondie

RR, castration is not a solution. Penetration is not the only way children are molested. Artifiical penetration, masturbation, oral sex, etc., etc.

And if anyone reading this wants to get accurate information about the Catholic Church and pedophilia, check this website:

www.snapnetwork.org

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

BOTR is presenting another opinion on statute of limitations, one that needs to be heard without insult.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

True blondie, I am still waiting on Jehovah for the Pedophile who troubled my family to get the same punishment "Robby from the Judicial Video" got, the Pedophile kept his secrets longer than Robby, he was a Bethelite while he was doing it. How come the Watchtower did not punish him for sexual abuse, instead they used a lame ass excuse to remove him and put the Pedophile notes in his Publisher Card. Strange how a boy is removed for fornication but a man who is guilty of the Death Penalty under the Mosiac Law walked away only losing his Elderhood because the Organization was too afraid of him acting up and getting sued. The Watchtower never brought justice, they made my life worse by not expelling the Child Rapist!

• blondie
    blondie

RR, remember David, adulterer and murderer, he escaped punishment in a way that was not extended to other Israelites.

• blondie
    blondie

Statute of limitations are decided in the legal/political system and can be changed and have been in regards to child abuse/molestation. It is just that in the US, all 50 states make the decision for their own state and it can differ widely. Also don't forget determining who is required to report which has also been changed in many states.

http://sol-reform.com/News/home/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit