If the Watchtower Represents Jehovah, How Come They Don't Share In Public Forums Like St. Paul?

by RottenRiley 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

rotten riley

Paul is always an interesting guy and what his methods and teachings reveal is that the thoughts contained in his writings were made via debate both internal and external. He was pretty much a negotiator and all the time that he was doing all these things for himself he was also silencing dissent by emphasizing the god givenness of his ideas when writing and preaching to the congregation. here he managed to forget that his ideas were constructed.

This is pretty much what Jehovahs witnesses do. The bible they say is god given and yet they have managed to construct new light whenever the need arises to reconstruct themselves. Okay we all need to develop this life skill and thankfully most life is well equipped to do so - to eventually repair itself and its neighborhood that is. But whereas Jehovahs witnesses allow their leaders the space and oxygen to do so the leaders generally don't allow much space and oxygen to individual members of the flock because they are afraid of losing their control. People have to do this for themselves and let it have a knock on effect in the congregation. It is much more encouraging to be with people who can stand their ground don't you think?

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Thanks Ruby!

The Watchtower refuses to answer the valid questions asked by Christians and Non Christians alike! I think I would pay to see them try to justify their position based on a Parable. Can you imagine the GB saying "99 percent of the Parables are Parables except the Faithful Slave, Jesus Christ Jehovah provided a Faithful Slave for all mankind to emulate and blindly follow and obey without questioning this Modern Day Moses and Aaron. If you doubt us, than you are the Modern Korah, Dathan and Abiratham. The Faithful Slave though not directly taught in the Holy Scriptures is explained throughly by Jehovah's Witnesses, anyone who disagrees will get shunned or told they will die at the Big A."

How do they justify their waffling positions on "These Blood Fragments are not Blood, therefore we have sanctified this Blood Product!", next "The Generation or Overlapping Generation", "Shunning is Christian", "Hatred of Dissidents is Christian", "Not caring about the Poor, the Orphans, the Elderly or developing programs for humanity's bettering, those things are Bad while donating money to cover Pedophile Lawsuits, That's Good!"

I would enjoy seeing the Fundamental Christians destroy them on topics of humanity, human rights, antichrist conduct. The Governing Body would get up and walk away from the lowly Christians like the Pharisees hated the common man and women. It's strange my Aunt told me seven years ago I would find out the truth about the truth (before that term was coined) because I was having problems understanding why my Aunts all hated each other. I have a Aunt who is the most wicked woman you can imagine, she thrieves off pain and suffering, loves to gossip about all the JWs who don't kiss her ass. Her kids can't wait for her to die, she complains they are all bickering over who is going to get her money, what wonderful humans this religion breeds, don't you think?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

lol - I'm imagining a stagnant mosquito pond now instead of the ground opening up to swallow people

• suavojr
    suavojr

It was a shocker to me to find out how people from Christedom are not afraid to debate people like Sam Harris, the late Hitchens, Dawkins, etc... they actually defend Jesus and his resurrection, hell fire, God's existence, all the main doctrines that form Christianity.

Funny how I recall my father (an elder) debating for almost 2 hours his brother in-law (a Christian) he was proving how the 144,000 is literal. But when he was pressed to produce evidence at how is it possible that only JW's are part of the elite 144k, my dad went silent and ended the conversation. This was the beginning of my awakening!

That is the reason why the WT leaders do not debate, because it would cause many JW's to wake up to TTATT.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Smiddy - I vaguely remember that debate.

And I remember Richard Kinnimonth (I think that's the spelling) quite well - can still visualise him. He was an old style orator, and long time witness, that certainly knew his bible. Quite well-known in Melbourne congregations, as he usually had a part on the program of every assembly, and more important (in those days) was the only witness (due to government prejudice) with a marriage licence.

But his marriage talks were feared by young witnesses, (grin) as he'd spend an hour examining the marriage of the bride to the lamb, and 5 minutes marrying the young couple standing in front of him.

And, this is another reason NOT to debate. Rationality is usually a victim to rabble rousing in public debates. Skilled orators can work the crowd emotionally.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

So, why don't Watchtower higher-ups participate in open forums? Did someone say it would be a turkey shoot!

WT brass would give a baaaaaad witness! Not to mention they would make A-holes of themselves and they know it!

So much for being witnesses of the Most High.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

RottenRiley - "If the Watchtower represents Jehovah, how come they don't share in public forums like St. Paul?"

I asked my loyal JW Dad that very question when I was a kid, and his explanation was that "...God's enemies have become very sophisticated in their arguing abilities in this day and age; therefore any debates with them would be a waste of time that would be better spent in the door-to-door ministry" (paraphrasing, but that was the gist).

Of course, the reality is that any JW in a public debate over theology would end up (figuratively) destroyed by the opposition.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

S.J. and Vidiot (I am a vidiot too, love my video games!) have you listened to the Christian Apologist debate? Please, whether you accept their premise or not, it's the fact they are not afraid to engage with the highest educated members of society like Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, Quantum Physics experts Dr. Lawerance Krausse and Dr. Greene (Columbia, great writer like Dr. Krausse).

Who does the Watchtower speak before, only their desired audience of blind followers!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The mainstream Anglican Communion is now quite ecumenical. The history is blood soaked. When I am with clergy, the most I can get is an involuntary chuckle. They show respect to the Witnesses that they would show any religion. Quite a while ago, I studied Systematic Theology at the local church seminary. The other seminary was considered much more academically rigorous but this one was the old boy's network of ties that help you advance in your career. I was shocked when I showed up for class, its members were from every major religion's seminary. It wasn't only that every Protestant denomination was represented but Roman Catholics and Orthodox, too. I suppose the seminaries saved money by consolidating classes.

It takes hubris to proclaim that you are the only correct religion. Hardly anyone proclaims such exclusivity today. They would have a hard time in an old-fashioned debate. No one wants to trounce them.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

BOTR, are you going to get "ordained" eventually? I thought of taking classes and using all my JW experience to help with a Prison Ministry, are you doing this for your own edification or plan on teaching?

Are they arrogant like the COs and DOs along with Bethel Company men, they hated to answer tough questions. JW Clergy are not good with the tough questions, I hope you kick ass in your studies and enjoy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit