Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They may give a wrong interpretation on a verse, such as what Jesus meant by the word generation,

but Jehovah will let them reach the correct conclusion, at the time it is needed.

Jehovah will let them?!..LOL!!..

The WBT$ could come up with another WatchTarded Definition of Generation..

JW`s would accept it..And..

The WBT$ Fictitious God could`nt do a thing about it,because he`s Fictitious..

JW`s don`t need help from God to define the word Generation..

...............................They need a Dictionary!..

............................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The local elders are forced to preserve our precious unity and peace when someone talks to others about their private views that conflict with the FDS teachings,

and tries to influence them to draw away from the Truth. Without this protection we would break up into various sects, as many religions have,

...........If Your Loyal To The WBT$..

..Jehovah Will Give You More Chickens!!...................WBT$ GB Rock Star Pope "Anthony Morris"..

................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• galaxie
    galaxie

The JWs have no truth to defend. They would have to decide which version to accept.would it be the truth they were born into? Or the truth at whatever time they were introduced to the religion, or the current version which they must accept could change without their contribution.All these are various versions of what they like to term" the truth". Knowing this they must accept this term the truth could change in the future as it has in the past.

The problem they have of course is truth cannot change so by accepting as they must if they are honest and have sound reasoning that what they believed as truth has changed(this is a time for honesty) then the only thing they could possibly try to defend is their man made organizations interpretations not truth.

• cha ching
    cha ching

(John 11:11-16) 11 He said these things, and after this he said to them: "Laz´a·rus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep." 12 Therefore the disciples said to him: "Lord, if he has gone to rest, he will get well." 13 Jesus had spoken, however, about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 At that time, therefore, Jesus said to them outspokenly: "Laz´a·rus has died, 15 and I rejoice on YOUR account that I was not there, in order for YOU to believe. But let us go to him." 16 Therefore Thomas, who was called The Twin, said to his fellow disciples: "Let us also go, that we may die with him."

(John 11:42-46) . . ." 43 And when he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice: "Laz´a·rus, come on out!" 44 The [man] that had been dead came out with his feet and hands bound with wrappings, and his countenance was bound about with a cloth. Jesus said to them: "Loose him and let him go." 45 Therefore many of the Jews that had come to Mary and that beheld what he did put faith in him; 46 but some of them went off to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did."

Thomas, an apostle, saw Lazurus get resurrected... Who of US have seen ANYONE get resurrected?

(John 20:24-25) 24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, who was called The Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 Consequently the other disciples would say to him: "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them: "Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe."

Did Thomas get shunned? disfellowshipped for "disunity"? After all, didn't he see MANY things that we did not? He KNEW Jesus! We have NEVER spoken to Jesus personally, or witnessed miracles, or even USED H.S. to do them ourselves...

Why wasn't Thomas told "You are being disrespectful?"

"You are speaking ill of our fellow Christians?"

"Thomas, we must preserve our unity!"

"Jehovah's name will be reproached by the way you are talking"

"The "Governing Body" is going to hear about this!?!"

"We are setting up a Judicial Committee meeting of three brothers to straighten you out"

LET'S SEE WHAT GOD'S SON HIMSELF DID......

(John 20:26-29) 26 Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: "May YOU have peace." 27 Next he said to Thomas: "Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop being unbelieving but become believing." 28 In answer Thomas said to him: "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him: "Because you have seen me have you believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe."

Jesus is the opposite of "God's Organization"........

Jesus did not need to bully people into believing ("Your family will shun you if you don't accept everything the 'uninspired', non miracle producing, "Organization of God on Earth" says")

Jesus let's people ask questions.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Punkofnice:"So how does the spirit do this? Please present evidence.".."It was referred to the apostles and older men at Jerusalem, who served as a central governing body.Those older men were not infallible; they were not persons who never made a mistake. (Compare Galatians 2:11-14.) But God used them.They considered what the inspired Scriptures said on the subject at hand as well as the evidence of the operation of God's spirit in opening up the Gentile field, and then they rendered a decision. God blessed that arrangement."United in Worship p.120

I do not need to prove to you that we have Gods blessing as a group. The worldwide growth and unity is plain for anyone to see.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"CRITERIA FOR TRUTH
    1) God's word is the ultimate source of truth.
    2) Truth is the correct understanding of God's word.
    3) Jesus' words are truth.
    4) No "truth" can contradict another "truth." If there is a contradiction, only one can be true.
    5) Truth does not change. Truth remains truth. [ not so with men's ideas ]
    6) No probabilities or assumptions allowed. God's true prophets never prophesied in probabilities or assumptions. Exactly what they said came true.
    7) Truth is verifiable facts.
    Do you agree with the above criteria? Yes or No.
    DD"
    1)YES
    2)YES, but we cannot have a full understanding of some parts of the Bible at the present time.
    3)YES
    4)YES, but a formerly incorrect viewpoint can be contradicted by a better understanding. We don't go backwards and forwards. Only forwards.
    5) YES, but our understanding of truth can change. We cannot know everything.
    6)YES. We have never prophesied in Gods name that something will happen, only for it to not happen. The disciples of Jesus had theories and wrong expectations, and so have we. Inspired prophets would not have to discuss possible outcomes, they spoke to God directly. Who is able to do that today? Exactly.
    7) YES, I suppose you mean that truth can be verified using facts but I'm no grammar expert myself ;)
    ..posting limit reached again, you'll have to be patient.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Congratulations 'Defender Of Truth' for being bold enough to

emulate the Beroeans to 'see if it's so'. That's why many of us are here also.

Continue to "test your faith" and you will be rewarded in a way that may

not seem strategic or logical from a human viewpoint. Enjoy the journey!

jtg

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

DOt-- on number 6 you said we dont go backwards and forwards ....

that is absolutely FALSE. Tell me who are the "superior authorities" and why has Jehovahs Org changed its stance on it 7 or 8 times?

Think bro....if Jesus inspected the JWs in 1914-1918 what would he have found? Russel taught pyramidology and they were falsely predicting dates.....in fact they had No idea if any inspection by Jesus until what? The 1930s? Then rutherford predicted Abe and all the old testament folks would be walkin around with is and bought a mansion for them....not to mention the FDS has been FALsELY claiming to be appointed for 90 years and sudd ly teach you that they havent been....mate open your eyes! Powerful works and unity at the expense of freedom is something Christ warned us about. Even the Nazis has unity amongst them and performed powerful works. Destructive social influence at its finest...wake up my friend.

Sorry i went a biit off topic--proceed.

JP

• cha ching
    cha ching

One cannot utter a WORD of disagreement or question what "mother" has "given us," w/o being called "Apostate.'

Jesus and his apostles were not like that.

Hence, this 'refined, selected, holy spirit directed,' book publishing organization is NOT "Christ like."

Unity... conformity... comes before all else..... and that is sad...

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

" They are guided by the Holy Spirit inspired words, not moved by it to act in a certain way " ____Defender of the Truth
    The WTS disagrees Luv "--Wasblind
    I meant that their every move and word is not directed by spirit. But their decisions as a body, when they're all together, are directed by holy spirit, through what they read in the Bible. Your quote refers to receiving help with qualities such as boldness in the ministry, not perfect interpretation of Scripture. You may find this quote interesting..

"It was referred to the apostles and older men at Jerusalem, who served as a central governing body.Those older men were not infallible; they were not persons who never made a mistake. (Compare Galatians 2:11-14.) But God used them.They considered what the inspired Scriptures said on the subject at hand as well as the evidence of the operation of God's spirit in opening up the Gentile field, and then they rendered a decision. God blessed that arrangement."United in Worshipp.120

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit