The future of the meetings?

by Kool Jo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I bumped into this website....really interesting:

You however need a PW to access....if this was more popular, I could see Khall attendance dropping, as we know, most people simple go just to appease others:

http://www.livekingdomhall.com/

Peace

Kool Jo

• hoser
    hoser

Funny That is raypublishers old kingdom hall

• done4good
    done4good

Social evolution, laregely driven through technology, will be the WT's undoing, eventually. Even seemingly "good" things from the organization's or JW's perspectve, (such as making it "easier" to attend meetings), really work against the WT's intentions in the long run. The WT is an authoritarian organization with a very hierarchical structure, that completely depends on controlling its subjects. These types of things work to slowly break that structure down.

This is precisely why they are desparate lately.

d4g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

done4good - "Social evolution, largely driven through technology, will be the WT's undoing, eventually. Even seemingly 'good' things from the organization's or JW's perspecitve, (such as making it 'easier' to attend meetings), really work against the WT's intentions in the long run. The WT is an authoritarian organization with a very hierarchical structure, that completely depends on controlling its subjects. These types of things work to slowly break that structure down."

That's the most accurate and concise statement I've ever seen regarding that specific aspect of the WTS.

Well done.

• done4good
    done4good

Vidiot -

I take that as a complement coming from you. I like your posts.

d4g

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One more tool for faders. Just claim to have attended this virtual meeting when you in fact skip the whole thing. You can also turn in zero field circus and not get hounded for it, or dodge the hounders by claiming you were online at the boasting session while you were in fact at the church of your choice, or simply enjoying the morning doing whatever you felt like. Or, better yet, researching Satanism (or whatever other religion you feel like) without any interference from Brother Hounder.

I wonder how long it will be before they yank this down, start cross-checking attendance, or Internet II comes and trashes the whole thing. Either will allow the hounders to once again directly control members.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Well, have you considered that it is in the best interest of the leaders to reduce the use of Kingdom Halls. Since they are no longer needed, they can sell them for a profit, a big profit because someone else bought it and maintained it. This move may be the exit plan of thescmmers at the top. Sooner or later all pyramid scams have to end. "The time is at hand"

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

wow talk about being able to fluff the numbers - "we were over 100% attendance at every meeting!!!"

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Some Kingdom Halls have a 50% absentee rate, why do you think that is the case? If the Watchtower's claim of their brand "Spiritual Perfect Paradise" was selling, we would have our meetings at capacity! We had more empty seats on Wed Nights, I think often it was thirty to forty percent of capacity, the CO would get so angry, like we had control over who decided to bail!

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

We will always follow the example of the first century christians, by meeting together to upbuild and encourage one another, and to 'incite to love and fine works'.
    The love that identifies us as Christs disciples could not be truly expressed or felt by sitting and typing on a keyboard/tablet etc..

We will meet together and show our love for God and each other for as long as the worlds governments allow it.
    You apostates can just take it easy and sit at home, rather than 'putting up with the healthful teaching'.
    We have no need to follow your example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit