The Memorial campaign: What question from a householder would have made you think?

by Faithful Witness 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good! Then you can avoid wasting your time.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Very true Julia, I hear you. Although if there is a young teenage girl standing on my doorstep I might be reminded of myself at that age.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's mostly hopeless. You can't fix stupid.

But if a young person is at the door, reminding them that in 1969 (Awake! 05/22 pg 15) they said young persons of that day need not pursue a college degree because the "system" would be gone before they would finish college. Then condemn them for risking this young person's future just as they did the lives of that generation of the 1960's. Then directly tell that young person to go check the source before they buy into all the bullshit false promises and f*ck up their life too.

May 22, 1969 Awake!

May 22, 1969 Awake!: "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. . . . If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate. . . But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

Doc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are going to have a miserable time trying. After all, Saturn is still in Scorpio, and will remain so until December 23, 2014. By the time they repeat this next year, Saturn should be retrograde. And, by the time it goes direct on September 18, 2015, it will be long gone for the 2015 season. This gives me a chance to pull a no-show at the door, wasting their time placing this rubbish. Phone messages get deleted immediately, unanswered. As for posting a waste of paper, I have a nice way of ruining those things.

After Saturn enters Sagittarius for good in 2015, it is anyone's guess what they are going to pull. After all, it was there the last time I became a jokehovian witless, and they might be able to use that to force me back (and I mean literally forcing me, using court orders and the premise that my baptism was a legally binding, legally signed contract in much the same way some people sign with X's or circles instead of a signature. But it will be much too late for this or next season by then--and, by the time we get into next crapmorial season, Saturn will retrograde back into Scorpio one last time before re-entering Sagittarius.

• Weana
    Weana

That question would have made me think:

"At memorial, why do you pass just one cup of vine? According to Luke 22,17-20, Jesus passed two cups of vine to his disciples, and only the second cup meant the new covenant."

It would have made me think, because maybe I would have realized earlier, that because of not reading Bible textes carefully enough I did not questioning JWs' traditions.

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

A good question to ask a Witness during the Memorial season would be:

In ancient Israel all the Jews from the lowly to the rich celebrated the Passover and ate the unleavened the bread; not just the priests (who today are represented by the anointed in the JW religion). Why do JWs, then, only allow the "priests", the anointed, to partake of the emblems?

• lrkr
    lrkr

So Jesus said "Keep doing this in rememberance of me"- Why do 99% of the people who show up not do it- drink the wine and eat the bread? Did Jesus really want a rememberance that most did not participate in?

Nah- thats too religious- just say- "I'm an athiest"

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Absolutely nothing would have made me think.

One day I was in the door to door work and some dudes showed me some scriptures that were quite convincing when I was at their house, but when I went home and read them on my own (probably with the use of the Watchtower) I came to the opposite conclusion.

If and when you are ready to leave you will leave. I don't think anyone can speed that up.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Why waste your precious time?

They believe what they WANT to believe....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit