Pioneer Encouragement - "You can sit in the back room"

by 4thgen 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Better yet, don't go at all.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

If God cared about clothing, he wouldn't have created Adam and Eve naked.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Blows one's mind that it doesn't blow this pioneer's mind on the wrongness of having to sit in a back room becuase you were not wearing the "right" clothes.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

This is a seriously funny thread.

I look forward to hearing about this stuff at my hall.

They are really laying it on thick with the whole 100 year anniversary thing. They want to "call all the prodigal sons home".

They are in an all out P.R. BLITZ to turn this embarrassment - 100 years of failed predictions - into a huge sales drive.

"More Urgent than Ever!" "Time is Running Out!" "A Year of Special Activity!" "The Last Memorial - Maybe!"

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Reunion? It's the Double Jubilee / Centennial Sale! Buy One "Truth," and get a 2nd, Replacement "Truth" for Free!*

*Offer (and "Truth") good only for a limited time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

She mentioned that all the pioneers were counseled to invite everyone they know

“inactive or those who has had life has got them down” to come to (a special?) a meeting.

...............The WBT$ is Getting Desperate,They`ll Take Anyone..

................................To Get Meeting Attendance Up..

..........................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sure, I am could schlep down to hall to sit in the back room with all the other losers and listen to the the speaker talk about how bad this old system is and how Satan is testing us and how much we need the Watchtower to tell us what to think do and say. And because I am sitting in the back, I won't wont notice as much that no one will talk to me and won't be counseled for not wearing Watchtower approved meeting clothes. That will really cheer me up.

Not really.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The "back room" has been prepared for them? They don't have to dress up? They don't have to talk to anyone? Why bother going then? For several months, I have been trying to help a family member recognize that with the JW's, it is ALL ABOUT APPEARANCES.

There is NO substance. NO genuine love. NO genuine interest. Feign love, feign interest...look happy, be miserable.

That is the reason that if there is a god and judgment day comes...hearts will be weighed, not actions.

just a thought,

SOP

• designs
    designs

When in the back room if you see a towel stuffed under the door climb out the window....

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

They can't hear you cry... in the backroom.

They won't see you snivel into your tatty sweatshirt sleeve... in the backroom.

They won't mind if you take your next scheduled dose of [name anti-anxiety medication here]... in the backroom.

What a loving provision from "the Slave"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit