Did You Ever Learn Anything From The Meetings?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I learned how to tune out nonsense from a very young age

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Hi Punk and Quelly..i am the reverse patience is what i am trying to aquire having left...

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

I learned the answers to some crossword questions... Totally worth it!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I learned how to be a judgemental, brainwashed, deluded litlle Pharisee.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I learned it was possible to bore people to death within 5 minutes....

• minimus
    minimus

Great responses!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Occasionally a decent speaker will give a public talk that is pretty good, they might bring out sound scriptural counsel that is actually beneficial not doctrinal. These are very rare...once a year if that.

Beyond this... lol are you fcuking kidding! Most people in attendance at meetings are asleep while their eyes are open... sometimes not even open.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I learned when I was about 11 or 12 that if I was apparently studiously reading my Bible during a meeting, my Mum was smart enough to realise that I had a Thriller inside the Bible and was really reading that, she gave me back the James Bond book later on condition I didn't do it again.

• Ding
    Ding

Once you've learned that the GB is always right and that "the truth" is subject to change at any time, that pretty much covers it.

• sir82
    sir82

I learned how many tiles there are in the ceiling above the stage, as I desperately tried to do anything to keep awake during the rambling talks....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit