Sheparding Call

by DS211 32 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

If it's simply a shepherding call, then why don't they just tell you so?

---

For the same reason Watchtower never gives a straight answer on JW.Org: if they tell you the truth, you'll lose interest.

• DS211
    DS211

I wont! I know how they can manipulate a wife.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Good luck dude. I've got a CHAT planned for Sunday.... ohoh!

• Fernando
    Fernando

The balance of power needs to be corrected.

You ask the questions.

They provide satisfying answers.

Not the other way around.

(Some of my favourite questions: "what is the Good News according to Paul?" or "Is legalism apostasy").

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Im guessing this is a sheparding call asking if we are ok or need anything..

..................................A WBT$ JW Elder Sheperding Call..

...............,,,.,..Before......................................,,,,,,,...,,,...After..

................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Simply request that elder to put what he has to say in a letter and mail it to you. That will be the last you hear of it.

• DS211
    DS211

Lol outlaw well done.

Rufus actually thats a good idea...if i need subtlety ill tell him i need it in writing to use as a reference for personal study or family worship eh? Lol

• KateWild
    KateWild

DS, you have had some good feedback. All the best mate I hope it goes well, let us know how it all went buddy. Love Kate xx

• DS211
    DS211

I wonder--if i do ask a question, just one, it woukd be this:

"Elder, why do we call people worldly? Isnt that an offensive term, like calling someone petty, cheap, stupid?"

Now if he asks why i can just say

"I find that this term offends me quite a bit. All of my family are not Witnesses and when i hear this term, especially in a derogatory way, it offends me and i am deeply discouraged by it."

• happy@last
    happy@last

Language and terms used are important to a cult. If you stop using it or questioning it alarm bells will ring with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit