How much more strange can this get ?

by man in black 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

you hear it all the time - and the thing that gets me is the fact that they slam other religions for not instilling moral values in their members.....and if everyone were following biblical standards the way they want everyone to believe they do, a lot less of this sort of thing would be occurring.

people can be part of any religion, but that does not mean that they are going to reflect ethics - and behave with a moral compass.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Know of a brother/good friend of mine that lives in Missouri and attends a congregation with his wife and his 2 ex-wives. They are all friends. He's a brother in 'good standing'.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Of course the drama isn't over. Don't be surprised if boytoy gets tired of his aging wife and runs off with a younger woman... very soon now.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't see how they allow that , jesus said people that get divorced are liable to gehenna and that was a blatant disregard for the moral codes involving marriage on the part of members

• stillin
    stillin

My daughter married a Southern Baptist man. He's a good man who thinks that the scriptures mean it when they say that a deacon should have "one wife."

He expresses his feelings to the big shaboom preacher when divorced/remarried men are appointed to be deacons. He removes his family from any church that holds these men out as exemplary.

i'm not going to disagree with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit