How much more strange can this get ?

by man in black 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• man in black
    man in black

Ladt night I was talking to a coworker who's sister is a witness in my old hall, and I needed some asprin after listening to this.

How can this be tolerated by people who believe that they alone speak the truth ?

A young couple ( early 30's) had two children, and they adopted another boy from the inner city, so they have three boys under the age of 13.

The father is a construction worker, and Mom works pt doing various jobs.

As a babysitter they use the respected teenaged son of a very prominent elder. Well, the parents breakup. Mom was having an affair with the sitter, and she left her family to move in with the boy. Parents got an official divorce, and Mom married the boy after about a year together.

The Father remarried, to a sister who has some personality problems and he bought another house.

Meanwhile after two years, the Mom and her teenaged husband move to a neighboring hall, and apply to be reinstated together. That process took about a year and a half, but they both are now happily back in the religion.

I would see her in the store once in a while and would talk to her with no problem since we were both no longer witnesses. But since she is back, whenever I or my wife run into her and her husband while shopping we get the most grand shunning imaginable.

Sitting bac and looking at the whole situation, it is just so mentally insane to me seeing how three families were torn apart, and by playing the system with appearances and sympathy, now everyone is back.

By the way, the original Dad who got remarried walks around when I see him like someone has cut him in two. I really feel for him, but how does he manage to attend the same hall with his new looney wife, and watch his old wife smiling, and having a wonderful time with the boytoy who is spending alot of time with the children?

and people wonder why witnesses are depressed,

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

These things, sadly, happen all over the world and to people of all religions. Its doesnt seem fair, it doesnt seem right and it doesnt seem normal but they happen. However, when it happens to witnesses it seems worse because of how judgemental they are of others and due to their constant claim of having a clean and perfect organization. Although this is a very sad event, what makes it worse is these kinds of things should not be happening in Jehovah's clean and perfect Org; more so if you are doing everything to serve him.

Whether or not the majority of witnesses are depressed is debatable and requires proof but there is definitely a strong sense of dissapointment among the sheep. This is what happens when you belong to a group that has so much undue pride and arrogance.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Amazing. lol. I actually don't think in a church they would be welcomed the way they are as a JW. People would avoid the mom and boy and think she is a pervert and crazy home wrecker. In the "truth" you have to forgive and treat normally since Jah has forgiven them of course.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Sitting bac and looking at the whole situation, it is just so mentally insane to me seeing how three families were torn apart, and by playing the system with appearances and sympathy, now everyone is back.

One of the big eye-openers for me was realizing that the people I was meeting outside of the religion were on average better people than the brothers in the hall.

At least now I can choose to not let crazy people into my life. I didn't have that luxury when I was a JW since they were my "brothers."

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Although I know of a similar experience, wife cheating with, and then running off with one of the teenage sons friends. The ( large) family seemed so "normal" and healthy, then this hit like a brick to those who knew them. People in our (non JW) congregation did NOT pretend it was ok, ever.

The weirdest part is not the extreme stupid actions of selfish people ( which happens everywhere) . But it is the way the JW whitewash and accept back. See each other and pretend all is honky dory. The damage that does to the children's mind's is horrific. The qulaity of the KH morals to accept this arrangement of people is also horrific. This showcases how the "face and reputation" of the org is always more important than the people within the congregation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One of the big eye-openers for me was realizing that the people I was meeting outside of the religion were on average better people than the brothers in the hall.

But do they worship Jehovah?

Oops! Sorry.

Some of the old propaganda slipped outta my compartmentalized gray matter.

Doc

• flipper
    flipper

MAN IN BLACK- Wow. It can't get much stranger than the experience you shared, but weirdly enough with this JW cult and WT Society things ARE even weirder with thousands of experiences even more strange than the one you share. I have friends here on the board who could ( and have ) written books about the insane things that go on inside the JW organization. It just shows how unjust this organization is when it rewards bad behavior and totally ignores the emotional and mental damage that is done by these freaks. I mean- look at how they handle child abuse and how they cater to pedophiles, yet cast out those who have been molested and abandon these victims. I know of minor children who have committed suicide due to being molested and seeing their perpetrators walk scot free inside congregations. This happens MANY times sadly. It's what happens in criminal organizations. And actions like you describe happen in criminal organizations as well. That's why it's good that you posted a thread about it- people need to know and be made aware of these injustices. Take care. Peace out Mr. Flipper

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

"they adopted another boy from the inner city."

Is this code for something? I don't understand the connection.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Probably not, Valkyrie. The adopting couple most likely were more afluent and lived in the suburbs with a front and back yard. The boy they adopted probably came from a poor family and lived in a large apartment building, so it may have been a cultural shock at first now being able to enjoy a lawn and flowers.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I also wonder how JW's can think that divorce (and the kind of stuff in your opening post) happens "LESS" within the Watchtower because they "have the truth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit