Do you think that the WT has gotten stranger as time goes by or is it that with distance comes perspective?

by 4thgen 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

What is really strange and bizarre is that now with the explosion of information caused by the internet even witnesses can and do find out the real history of the org and the scandals and the absolutely insane and false things they used to and still do teach past and present as God's self titled apparent chosen one's.. and yet they still just turn a blind eye to it all and continue like nothings up.

That in itself is nuts and insane. So yes, it's gone way past 'stranger'. It's a collective form of group insanity.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't know how many really know and understand Dis-member. I mean its a pandora's box kind of thing - they know its there but they are afraid of what will happen if they open it up. Fear plays a big part, fear of dying at Armageddon, and the very real fear of being shunned by their family and friends if they wander off the reservation.

I think most just don't want to rock the boat for fear of falling out. How else could you swallow these new teachings?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

It's always been weird from a thinking person's point of view, which is why we were taught not to think but to robotically answer the WT study questions with answers straight from the paragraph...but if you were really spiritual, you had to spew it in your own words, with additional comments to show everyone how much research you had done. The only weird thing is that we didn't get gold stars on our papers!

I agree, though, that the tone has turned to Unquestionable Obedience of not just the FDS, but your local Elders who are, after all, appointed by HS. Never could buy that!

Didn't we used to hear that Jesus was leading the congregations? Jesus is no longer in the WT picture, and the actions of those in control wield totally UNloving and UNChrist-like power.

If God is Love, then he seems visibly absent from the WT and the JW congregations.

My story: single mom, never supported by the elders in any way, now a professional fader...hoping desperatly to get my adult daughters away from the Abusive WT Beast I introduced them to...how's that for a guilt load to carry?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit