bassackwards

by stuckinamovement 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ain't the internet GREAT! Another flip flop by the borg.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SIAM, what magazine are you talking about? I thought the literature offer for January and February was one of the following 32-page brochures:

• Good News From God!
    • Listen to God, or
    • Listen to God and Live Forever
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ok, I get it. You're talking about the January 1014 Awake!:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201401/

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

This reminds me of when email first started being used, some of the "brothers" used to call to let me know they just sent me an email.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

What little I've seen of the website is enough to get an idea of what it's like- snare&racket sums it up very well. Kind of reminds me of the photos with the fake backgrounds they used to put in the mags back in the 80's, that always creeped me out, I don't know why.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This gem on page 4 of the January 2014 Awake! will no doubt resonate with parents everywhere:

FOR PARENTS THE BIBLE SAYS:

• “Train a boy in the way he should go; even when he grows old he will not depart from it.”—Proverbs 22:6.

USEFUL FEATURES OF THE WEB SITE ̇ The “Children” section contains illustrated Bible stories, picture activities, videos, and Bible lessons that can help you teach your children to . . .

• be obedient
    • show kindness
    • get along with each other
    • learn to say “thank you”

- - - - - - - - - - -

Yes, as a parent, the most important thing you can teach your children is to be obedient. It is even more important that being "kind" or "getting along with others" or even "being polite." How else can you be one of JWs if you don't first know how to be obedient.

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! - It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FOR TEENAGERS THE BIBLE SAYS:

• “Let your heart be glad in the days of your youth.”—Ecclesiastes 11:9.

USEFUL FEATURES OF THE WEB SITE ̇ The “Teenagers” section has articles and videos that can help you . . .

• if you are lonely
    • if you have problems at school
    • if you have broken a house rule
    • if you are being bullied or sexually harassed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's curious that the cited scripture says, "Let your heart be glad" and yet the four allegedly "Useful Features" all deal with downers of subjects. Notice too, that all of them imply that the young person is the cause of the problem, whether as a weak, powerless victim or perhaps as the rebel in the house.

They are all designed to create compliant, docile, obedient JW drones.

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! - It's a cult!

• 4thgen
    4thgen

"This good news of jw.org will be preached in the entire world and then the end will come......"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JW.org is bound to fail as there is no finishing line, there is no success point, no goal.

It can't fail.

They have free labor even on the reduced costs associated with a web business.

They have millions of guaranteed "subscribers". [Expect to soon see greater emphasis for donations online.]

It won't fail anymore than the religion will collapse and disappear.

Doc

• flipper
    flipper

STUCKINAMOVEMENT- Good thread buddy. WT Society doesn't make any sense with what they do because they are a mind control cult. They don't have to make sense. There is no rhyme or reason in how they do things. It's all about keeping the financial $$$$ corporation moving forward in a desperate fashion no matter what it takes. My 2 cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit