A mormon pm's me

by paranoia agent 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Laika
    Laika

Trying to convince anyone of your beliefs over PM is definitely dodgy. Unless you send them questions keep that stuff in the open. If your ideas are good no reason why not.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

We judge ourselves by our intentions but others by their actions

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

paranoia agent,

you are here since 2010? Are you as fragile as you were all those years ago? So you received a pm about this guy's religion. Are you outraged? Offended? Offput? Did you feel he had bad intent? Or that he was soliciting you for personal info or money?

I'm just wondering, is it ok to post other people's pm's without their permission? Or did he agree to it? If he didn't agree to it...did you notify Simon or a mod that you received a solicitation? Or did you notify the person/ Mormon who solicited you to NOT pm you about their religion? Or to NOT pm you at all? And did he continue to pm you anyway? Is he harassing you? Or was it a one time thing?

I've received great pm's from most, some strange but harmless from others and a 'Fu*k off' pm from an old poster. Never once thought to 'out' anyone's pm's.

And if you want to notify others, that could have been done without posting the pm. Of course, that is just my opinion.

I personally don't want to be solicitated from anyone here ( or anywhere) about religion or something anyone may be selling. If someone should offend me by being abusive or by intimidation or by threat or by solicitation then I would ask them to not pm me anymore. If they continue, I would notify ' the superior authorities' here: Simon, Angharad, Jgnat, Scully !

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

I don't see anything wrong with the Mormon's PM. Just one person expressing his opinion to someone else who he thought might be interested. We all do it all the time. Maybe his opinion is not appreciated here, so what.

And what Rip said.

• Giordano
    Giordano

So like which John was it? I don't know.The guy was pushing his religious crap we can now debate the merrits of his B.S. His privacy was protected.

Good answer from PA

• steve2
    steve2

I credit JWs with marginally less gullibility than your average Mormon who seems to operate on the principle of "If it shines it must be gold". At least your average JW exhibits some cynicism and reserve which is completely lacking in Mormon recruits!

I am sure it is not my imagination, but locally in New Zealand I have observed a seeming resurgence of prosletyzing by Mormons. I swear everywhere I go, I see them, out in their twos cycling around their communities or doing street preaching. By stark contrast, the Witnesses absence is conspicuous.

Just shows you how human-generated these nutty-flake religions are. Highly dependent on the gullible leading the more gullible.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If I was a Mormon I would have a picture of Majic Underwear as my avatar.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon

Cult recruitment does go on here and sadly some fall for it.

If anyone ever gets any obvious "recruitment" type PMs then please don't just ignore it - let me know and they will be shown the door.

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

Qcmbr wrote - I sympathise but I also am a bit sad you posted a pm in public without prior agreement.

Hi Qcmbr, there is no reason for this pm to stay as one, there isn't any sensitive information, this person did not ask for this pm to be private but had he done so I would allow it but also ask that no more future emails be sent unless willing to have an open discussion. Also I did not post his email address that was included with the pm.

I have to admit his email is a bit suspicious, wanting to know more about me and all.

Thanks Simon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit