Seems the org have got this wrong as well..

by Dis-Member 17 Replies latest social current

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

China to become new world superpower..

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/18/news/economy/china-us-superpower/

Will China supplant the United States as the world's leading superpower and top player in the world economy?

A new Pew Research Center survey of 38,000 people in 39 countries found the widespread belief that China is well on its way.

Overall, a majority or plurality of respondents in only six of the countries surveyed believe the U.S. will remain on top.

"Publics around the world believe the global balance of power is shifting," Pew wrote. "China's economic power is on the rise, and many think it will eventually supplant the United States as the world's dominant superpower."

In both the United States and China, an increasing number of respondents agree with this thesis.

and..

"For the first time in centuries China has overtaken the US as the world’s biggest trading nation, with total trade standing at $4.16 trillion in 2013."

http://rt.com/business/china-overtakes-us-largest-trade-399/

• 4thgen
    4thgen

With a CLICK on JW.org, they backdate that they've known China was going to be the new world power all along.

• KateWild
    KateWild

"China's economic power is on the rise, and many think it will eventually supplant the United States as the world's dominant superpower."-DM

Very very interesting, I am not surprised at all. Many Aisians can be very focused on education and careers and can be high achivers, here in Liverpool the community is big and their IQs are very high indeed. Many are maths science and business studies students, where all the brits do topics like media studies or sociology.

thanks very interesting article

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Can they put an oriental spin on the " Assyrian?!" [scary music now]

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There are arguments for America remaining dominant. I can't recall the argument specifics now. This survey is not the CIA or economists. It is not a strategic study. China has major barriers to dominance. From every strategic study I've read, there are powerful arguments on both sides. China's very size is important. There are sectors that are not developed at all.

One of the reasons I can't remember is that they seem in equipoise to me.

• Oh Gawd
    Oh Gawd

As of now, The US economy is twice the size of China's..roughly 16 trillion to 8 trillion. It has been forecast for some time that China will take the lead somewhere around 2020.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/currentevents/2013/09/17/once-china-catches-up-what-then/

• smiddy
    smiddy

Its just a matter of time , whether by 2020 or 2050 , it will happen sooner or later . Its just a fact of the history of the world .Nations rise up, reach their peak ,sustain it for a time, then decline . Their is nothing new under the sun . And America is no different.

smiddy

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I, for one, has been convinced by Martin Jacques' book When China Rules the World. The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order. Second Edition (2012). Penguin Books. He bases his economic arguments on the last twenty years. From there he just extends his graphs and stats to the future. In his Afterword there is a subheading called "Be Prepared for a Surprise...", an indication of the speed things are moving. He predicted China will surpass the US economy in 2018. The IMF has already upped the ante to 2016. Now it seems as though the Chinese have surpassed the US as a trading nation.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

​China confirms new hypersonic glide vehicle test-flight

http://rt.com/news/hypersonic-vehicle-missile-china-665/

• sd-7
    sd-7

Nah, they'll just argue that the 'toes of part iron and clay' represents China's dominance with the Anglo-American World Power still around, but weakened. "As time goes on, it may evidently be hard to clearly identify which world power represents the 'iron' and which the 'clay'. We are wise not to speculate."

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit