Cowboy, Sevenofnine, or Kismet

by think41self 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Kismet
    Kismet

Dana:

Sorry about the coffee and also the sore back. Offering you a clean towel to wipe up.

It isn't surprising..all that banging and slamming up and down you were doing. The key is all in the legs and thighs. More muscle control there ...it feels comforting and shows who is control when your thighs and legs are pressing firmly.

Also keeping your upper body more relaxed, moving with the motion, becoming one fluid movement...It is less jarring on the back that way, but when you are really going for it, the slamming is inevitable. Don't worry now that you are starting to do it daily, it will get better.

I was going to suggest asking Tracy for advice, but now that she is married she probably doesn't have the time, nor the desire to do it very often. {{Shrug}}} that happens sometimes.

Kismet

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Don't worry about being too quick on the draw,Kis...In time you'll learn to pace yourself.

I was going to suggest asking Tracy for advice, but now that she is married she probably doesn't have the time, nor the desire to do it very often. {{Shrug}}} that happens sometimes.
    Ain't it the truth.

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.
    ~Stevie Ray Vaughn

• Kismet
    Kismet

No Cowboy you misunderstand.. I said I prefer NOT to be known for being a quick draw... Itwas ...uhhh .. ummm a friend..yeah yeah that's it!!! a friend I know has that problem....

grrrrrrr

Kismet

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Well,Kismet,tell your "friend" that there are basically two things that mess up a "draw"...

Worrying about speed is the worst thing you can do.The stress messes with your mind,it could make you way too fast,or way too slow.Either one of which can be a big problem.

Another problem is wasted motion.The most effective motion is clean and un-cluttered.Smooth,fluid movements allow the most effective speed and accuracy,thus a more satisfying performance.Also.Dana,this should help keep you from being so sore,too.

Dana,anytime I can be of service to you (or you Seven),just let me know.

Kismet,I hope my advice helps your uh,"friend".

Always,
    Cowboy

It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.
    ~Stevie Ray Vaughn

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Wow, Cowboy and Kismet, thanks so much for all of the helpful advice. It's been so long, you see, that I am just really out of practice. But I find myself thinking of doing it all the time, I just can't help myself. It's quite addictive. But it seems also to be kind of an expensive ...er...activity. I don't remember it being this way but as I said, it has been quite a while for me so I guess the cost has gone up.

Do you guys know if there are any exercises I could do that would help get me in shape so that I'm not so sore next time around? I know I won't be able to hold out for very long; I must do it again.

Thanks in advance,
    Dana

• Prisca
    Prisca

Do you guys mind if I ask a question here???

I haven't done any of "that" before, so would one of you handsome men like to show me how to do "it"? I mean, I need some guidelines how to do "that" properly. I'm what you could call a "novice"...

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Anytime,Prisca .

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

~Stevie Ray Vaughn

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Someone's taken up jousting!

• Seven
    Seven

Dana, It's worth every penny. There's no other activity that equals that feeling. The guys didn't mention this but I find it beneficial to do some stretching exercises before I do it. Take care though. You don't want to appear to be too loose.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids
    Someone's taken up jousting!

Hmmm, well, I suppose there are certain similarities.

Seven,

thanks for the advice! Stretching, but not too loose...I think I got it!

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit