Understand: Our salvation is not Jesus' primary concern

by pixel 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I agree with that Watchtower and the two scriptures the OP quoted, also support that.

"Savior of the world." sanctifies Jehovah's name, because the unsaved world tarnishes Jehovah's name.

John 3:16 is not relevant to this issue.

And Jesus would use Jehovah's name. Since he quoted the scriptures that had his name in, it would be a sin for him to change it and not quote it.

Don't throw out the 'baby with the bathwater'. Just because you don't like some things that are taught, does not mean that all things that

are taught are wrong.

• prologos
    prologos

Rattigan: you said "-the unsaved world tarnishes Jehovah's name--" how is this so?

the only way I can think of is that

the name was really tarnished when the UNSAVED world, animals, babies, women, all were drowned in the flood

by guess who? and on and on-- but:

how about the saying of Jesus: "-- I came to buy back what was lost--" ?

WT perhaps wants to downplay salvation by their competition-Jesus. because they and secretly all know that WT will not be able to give salvation. it never has.

but I agree with you not all wt works were worthless, just as

Mussolini made the trains run on time.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

If that is the case, then who will be left to care whether or not Jesus sanctifies his Father's name?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The unsaved world tarnishes Jehovah's name because it is imperfect and flawed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit