"I'm thinking of getting reinstated just so I can get my family back."

by Julia Orwell 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I don't know how hard core her family is but I have seen this happen many times, people get reinstated to establish connections back with their family and they continue to have very limited, to the point of shunning, contact until they are 100% certain this person has chosen the witnesses again for pure motives. I have witnessed that this kind of behaviour can average from 1 - 2 years.

I would advise this to your friend if you can, it would be even more devestating to put herself through the pain of reinstatement only to be continued to be treated so poorly.

My good wishes to your friend that she will recover from her miscarriage swiftly.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This might be a case where your friend would be better off adopting another "family".

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Julia Orwell, Your friend's family sounds really messed up. She almost sounds like she is suffering from something like Stockholm syndrome. Since she is your friend, do you want to adopt her into your family?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This religion, like many cults, uses every means possible to manipulate and control their members. One of the easiest ways to do that is by holding our families hostage via a form of emotional blackmail.

The saddest part is that "going back for family" almost never works. I know. been there, done that.

This religion tears families apart and devastates relationships that should be sacred, inviolable. They care not for the damage they do. I have come to know that I would rather have a few people in my circle that love me for WHO I am rather than many people that offer conditional approval for WHAT (I pretend) to believe.

This is not for everyone, but it works for me.

That being said. I miss my children. I hate this religion for taking them from me. I have tried everything I can think of--read every book on the subject, every post on this forum--to get them back. Nothing has worked, at least so far.

I haven't given up hope, but I must be realistic. Although 67% of all people "born in" as JWs eventually leave the religion, that doesn't mean my children ever will.

I keep doing what I can to reach them, but ultimately it is up to them.

This is the same with everyone.

We must make our own life for ourselves.

I believe that the best thing we can do for ourselves and our loved ones is to live a real, authentic life. Nothing speaks louder than reality. Unfortunately some people are too deaf to hear it.

For some strange reason they prefer the lies.

Oubliette

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Obliette, words can't express how deeply i feel your pain. I tell my kids every time i see them. I'm your life line to a real authentic life. I'm your life line to freedom and being a kid. i'm your life line to anything you want to do in this world. As Steve Jobs liked to say. Once you find out that all the people making up the rules are not as smart as you....that is when you start to create and give back to the world.

Steve Jobs was a gregarious narcissist but that's what made him thrive....

• smiddy
    smiddy

Her father went to jail and she supported him ? Now he completely shuns her ? What an arsehole / hypocrite he is.

Thats the fruitage of the spirit jehovahs witnesses have .

If it wasnt so beleivable , I`d say UNBELEIVABLE.

smiddy

• trillaz
    trillaz

It is unfortunate, but I would NOT recommend that she go to a church. There they will say things like God needed another angel, or God knows best, or something equally patronizing. I'm not saying all would, but even one the unbridaled tounges would not be welcome in my book.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

She wouldn't go to one anyway I don't think. I think the best thing, in lieu of her parents actually loving her for her, is that she has true friends support her.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well stuff my old boots!

To me, this is more evidence of the devious cult control reason for shunning. This childish practice pays dividends for the 8 paedophile loving men in Brooklyn. Frighten them back in and the 8 old paedos can have power and money from the victim.

If there was any justice in the world the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses(R) would be put on trial for crimes against humanity and face the severest penalty.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Going Undercover to Rescue My Daughter, from the Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses 2nd Edition Paperback – July 17, 2013

by Nancy J. Sage

http://www.amazon.com/Undercover-Rescue-Daughter-Jehovahs-Witnesses/dp/0941813029/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388497547&sr=1-1&keywords=nancy+sage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit