How can i continue my fade vs the rubber band theorem that pulls my wife in

by DS211 54 Replies latest jw friends

• DS211
    DS211

Thanks guys! Ill work on those kindle books def.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Weve misssed many meetings she still smokes a cig a day.

But shes reminded me how we need to study the bible with our kids and get back to it.

.........Every Watchtower Placed..............................I never heard that..

........Cancels a Cigarette Smoked..............Why am I always Out of the Loop?!..

.......................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• nugget
    nugget

People who feel weak spiritually are also those more likely to find fault in others and cling to the organisation. Your wife still believes but also thinks she is not doing enough this makes her vaccilate between sinning and then guilt and wanting to be more spiritual. But she is also looking for someone to blame as it is easier than facing her shortcomings.

In addition this is the season when JWs feel most isolated from the world and most different. The place where you get validation at this time of the year is the Kingdom Hall so it is not surprising she is making noises about meetings.

This is not a time to make any decisions or force any issues especially as you are at the start of your journey in relative terms. Why has your wife started smoking? And why does she not feel the need to confess to the elders? She is quite a contradiction and things may not be as hopeless as you think. As it is early days it is important to invest in your relationship rather than force the issue of religion.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I agree. She needs to go to the elders and confess that she smokes and when she gets df'd after you tell the elders she has been doing this for quite some time, she will probably fall out all by herself. Getting reinstated is a tough haul and she doesn't sound like she has it in her.

• DS211
    DS211

Yea i forgot another reason why i should take it slow..im renting a house whos owner is a JW...so i am planning on miving away at some point and that may help my wife transition. I have some options.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit