been on jwn for about a year, here is what i've learned or had an inkling about

by nowwhat? 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

the organization:

engages in revisionist history [1914 christ's presense foretold]

judge rutherford was a false prophet and a crook [1925, beth-serim]

when it comes to bible prohecy, they have'nt gotten anything right

[1975. 1914 generation, king of the north, dwindling number of anointed that was suposedly sealed in 1935,]

no transparancy [assets, contributions, child abuse suits, united nations]

so unless the black helecopters land in the vatican i will be out within 6 months [i have family reasons to stay for now]

p.s. I am not giving up on God and Jesus, keep reading the gospels and new testament!

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Amen.

My exit will take much longer unfortunately.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

oops! forgot one more

the great crowd are obviously in heaven and there is no such thing as a 144,000 anointed remnant

• Farkel
    Farkel

TTAT Elder,

: My exit will take much longer unfortunately.

You have ALL that power over other people in your own congregation, yet basically, you are a huge COWARD in your own life.

Own up to your own hypocrisy and get the fuck out of that stupid cult, and don't whine about about, make excuses about it, or cry about it.

You will be glad you did. Otherwise, you are just a crybaby who are letting men in Brooklyn who don't care a shit about you, run your life and form your decisions.

Man up. For once in your life. I did. Every ending creates a new beginning. Nothing worthwhile in life comes free. "Free" in WatchtowerLand is a Paradise Earth and that fancy home you always wanted, which you can only get when the family who worked for it, and paid for it is slaughtered by your loving and merciful God, so you can have it. But to get that materialistic item you must submit to your religious masters in Brooklyn who have for 130 years promised everything and delivered NOTHING.

Get out and do it forthwith! How much more damage can you take?

Farkel, Gently Prodding CLASS

• man oh man
    man oh man

Man up??????

This doesn't always mean tucking your tail and running from your problems. Do what you have to do and don't let others guilt you into it.

• adamah
    adamah

The WT actually teaches people to waffle in their self-doubts by getting trapped into time-wasting, energy-sapping "paralysis of analysis" (AKA "waiting on Jehovah"):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_paralysis

Analysis paralysis or paralysis of analysis is the state of over-analyzing (or over-thinking) a situation so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralyzing the outcome. A decision can be treated as over-complicated, with too many detailed options, so that a choice is never made, rather than try something and change if a major problem arises. A person might be seeking the optimal or "perfect" solution upfront, and fear making any decision which could lead to erroneous results, when on the way to a better solution.

The phrase describes a situation where the opportunity cost of decision analysis exceeds the benefits that could be gained by enacting some decision, or an informal or non-deterministic situation where the sheer quantity of analysis overwhelms the decision-making process itself, thus preventing a decision. The phrase applies to any situation where analysis may be applied to help make a decision and may be a dysfunctional element of organizational behavior. This is often phrased as paralysis by analysis, in contrast to extinct by instinct (making a fatal decision based on hasty judgment or a gut-reaction).

The way to counter paralysis of over-analysis is with an exit strategy in place, a checklist of 'to do' items with goals, timelines and deadlines for accomplishment, etc. JWs don't encourage those kinds of valuable skills, but it's crucial to develop and commit to a game plan and STICK with it.

Adam

• Farkel
    Farkel

man oh man,

You wrote:

:Man up??????

:This doesn't always mean tucking your tail and running from your problems.

It NEVER means tucking your tail and running from your problems. It means facing them directly and honestly and saying, "I've had enough and I'm not going to take it any more."

You also blathered:

:Do what you have to do and don't let others guilt you into it.

"Guilt" is not a verb, moron. What are you, 14 years old in a Chicago Public School?

Farkel

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

TTATTelder,

Everyone must take their own steps. My husband took his time and did thing HIS way not the way the Watchtower or others thought he should go. I'm happy that he did.

Keep going the way YOU BELIEVE IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! Because no one else will have to pay the piper but you and your family.

Pelican

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Farkel LOL!!

Yes. Speak your mind and this entire chaarade would crumble. UFB the degree of gutless worms in this POS organization...

• flipper
    flipper

NOWHAT ? Well, you've learned a lot then in your 1 year on JWN. It proves how informative this site is. Now you may need to exercise even more patience by staying quiet about your discoveries in order to hang onto relationships with your still in JW family. If you feel the need to " not give up on God or Jesus " well and fine- however remember your JW family worships the GB and WT leaders as " God & Jesus " not the actual Bible version. So you will have a really big challenge ahead of you if you are religious as you state and wanting to free yourself in a religious sense. And to still be accepted for that religious freedom by your JW family. So it appears you are at a giant crossroads and you will have to decide which way your life is going to turn. By hanging around JW meetings you will still be getting mind control indoctrination even while believing something totally different- which may in time drive a wedge into your mental and emotional health. Just saying. I wish you the best whatever you decide

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit