this week's wt study

by thedog1 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" I know a pioneer couple who are both on disability allowance and live off the state 100%... Self righteousness shoved right down your throat. "

Quelly Cat Face, are you in Queensland by any chance? They sound totally like some JWs I know.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Sam, thanks for the youtube link to the interview. I will watch it when I have a chance. I am also reading COC but only a little at a time.

• KateWild
    KateWild

thedog1,

That is very interesting that you are reading CoC. Which part are you up to? Love Sam xx

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

You all are missing the purpose of the article. It is not to bash higher education or other things, it is to direct the people to focus on sales.

You all are missing the key sentence in paragraph 13.

"Rather than acquiring secular degrees and titles after their names, true Christians focus on obtaining “letters of recommendation” by engaging as fully as possible in the field ministry"

That is what it is all about, bullying and goading them into more field ministry. So that the readers can use their cars and gas and time to deliver the WTS literature to keep them busy and engaged and active and then to bring in more "customers" into the organization. Just admit it. The term used is sheep but really they are customers paying the bills.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I know a pioneer couple who are both on disability allowance and live off the state 100%... Self righteousness shoved right down your throat. "

Julia, that's simply a matter of Jehovah providing for them because they are putting Kingdom interests first in their lives.

Doc

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• thedog1
    thedog1

Sam

I haven't gotten far in CoC yet, only on page 141 of 446!

• KateWild
    KateWild

thedog1,

Goodstuff, that's far. One step at a time, I bet you can resonate with him. I am reading "Einstein and Religion-Physics and Theology" by Max Jammer. It's nice to read stuff that is not from the WTBTS.

Sam xx

• thedog1
    thedog1

So yours is a little bit of light reading then

• KateWild
    KateWild

It is light reading, there is no physics at all, it's all philisophy and what Einstein believed. CoC was much heavier reading for me. Sam xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit