My mom's circuit was disbanded

by RunningMan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I found out yesterday that the circuit that my mother attends will cease to exist as of this summer. The circuit has existed pretty much since the beginning of time. Due to low attendance, and gradual drying up of all JW's in rural Saskatchewan, they are closing one or two congregations every year.

So, she will now be attending in the city where I live. I guess this means I will have to start going to the assemblies.

My in-laws circuit assembly attendance has dropped from 750-ish in the mid 80's to around 450 at the last one. There is talk of disbanding it, too. I may be inundated with relatives, come assembly time.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

One word..."relocate"

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I'm so sorry. Take a headset with a CD player. It will look like your hearing impaired and your tuning in but you can play your favorite music/book.

• Simon
    Simon

'accidentally' book a holiday to coincide with the dates.

• out4good3
    out4good3
    Take a headset with a CD player. It will look like your hearing impaired and your tuning in but you can play your favorite music/book.

Or better yet, take a headset with radio functions. At least then when you get tired of listening to the same old CD or book, you can listen to the game.

That is if you choose to let their visit bully you into going to the meetings at all. Your house....your rules.....

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

They probably used the term of "reassignment". They can't let it slip that they are drying up as badly as they are.

ofcmad

• Imbue
    Imbue

Even near Bethel the congs are drying up. the assemblies only have half the dubs as a few years ago.

Surgery, tell her your mom your having dental surgery that weedend

"Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• jack2
    jack2

perhaps this is a drying up of the waters, such as that which the WTS applies to the churhes of Christendom.

jack2......formerly DB

• Satanus
    Satanus

If the dubs are dwindling in sask, that may be a good place to go. I was born there.

SS

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

lol satan!! really?? where abouts? i was born in sask too. tell me!

the scalpel shines in god's sunshine
    street lights whisper pain
    down here near the poison stream our god has gone insane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit