Just got off the phone with my dad!

by Kool Jo 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• jemba
    jemba

Love your Dad! My Elder Dad is a stuck up jerk when it comes to any contact with me, his worldly Daughter, I dont even get phone calls. Youre very lucky Kool Jo hes not a hard core dub.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Kool Jo, it was really nice to read the conversation between you and your dad. You both seem at ease with eachother and share a mutual love and respect for eachother. That is the way it should be!

So glad that you have reasonable and loving parents despite the push/command from The Watch Tower to shun one's own family members for leaving the religion.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Thanks for your comments...I think time will tell, how much more of this crap my dad will cope with....I remmeber sometime ago, when I still lived at home, he threatened to resign as an elder because they expected him to do all the parts on the Service meeting, do all the F/S groups and purchase things for the Khall...just because he had a god job.

If my dad decides to throw the towels in, my mum would automatically follow despite being more hardcore thatn my dad...I'm hoping for a miracle...little by little I hope when conversing with him more I'll plant little seeds here and there.

Peace

Kool Jo

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Spoke with my dad again...some of the things he relayed to me:

- Primarly unemployed, primarily because of the number of retirees, but also unemployment

- More pressure to donate

- No young brothers to take over from the aging elder body

- Younger brothers/sisters are going to college and moving to larger cities (he supports education despite being an elder)

- No growth in the Khall...been stagnant

- Concerened that not much young persons are there

I'm sure others are facing similar problems in their hall.

Kool Jo

• Adiva
    Adiva

How lovely that you and your dad have such a good relationship. It's also nice that he feels comfortable enough to share his real feelings with you.

Adiva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit