District Convention drama practice

by hoser 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Once Blind
    Once Blind

I remember a young brother in our hall who would wear suits that weren't the average dark colors like navy, grey and black. This was back in the 90's and he wore bright blue, yellow, even red. So, certain elders thought that his style of dress was "worldly" and they threatened him with loss of privileges, etc. if he didn't stop wearing the suit colors in question. Well, weren't they surprised when a few months later the CO came to visit and was wearing one of the same suit colors in question. They never bothered him for his wardrobe choice again.

• joelfromgeorgia
    joelfromgeorgia

Generally, Everyone associated with the witnesses comes to a time when their worth is measured against some type of meaningless witness rule.

I think its one of the most effective ways of getting people to free themselves from the org.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

My parents drove 2 hrs one way every weekend for a summer of drama practice.. What a waste of time, gas, and money.

• Splash
    Splash

This is what happens when people hand over their minds to someone else, even simple decisions become too weighty to make.

Talk about a culture of fear!!

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit