District Convention drama practice

by hoser 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

This experience goes back some time too. It was one of the defining moments in helping me to wake up to this nonsense.

I had a minor role in a drama several years ago. We assembled for our first practice and the brother doing the lead role discovered that there was a major problem with the script. GASP It was that the directions were to exit from stage left but then enter the next scene from stage right. To enter from the left would not have worked so the brother doing the lead part suggested that he would have to run around the back of the stage to be in the proper position to enter the next scene.

This is where it got interesting. The brother in charge of the whole drama said he had to ask direction from the branch.

Talk about micromanaging.

At the same drama there was a young sister who had some highlights in her hair but on the set she had a head covering. All was well for the 2 months of practice . No one said a word. Until we practiced in front of the DO and CO. Then the shit hit the fan! I felt sorry for the sister. she was crying and said "why didn't you just say something earlier" The brother in charge of the drama got in big trouble over this too. In the end I heard it was the CO's wife that didn't like the hair color.

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

None of this surprises me. It sounds like the standard stuff that goes on in the Organization which has caused many to walk out the door.

• wasblind
    wasblind

There was one elders wife that I knew of that was a puppet master

who controlled her elder husband. Right down to his scripted talks

Brother was dumb as dirt. Easy to control

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

There was a nice elder who used to always wear colored dress shirts instead of white shirts under his suit coat. He endured a lot of criticism for it which is hard to fathom now. He got his revenge when we had a new CO come to the circuit who almost always wore colored dress shirts including some very bright and bold colors like teal or dark purple. That was the end of the tongue wagging!

• unstopableravens
  • free2beme
    free2beme

I was involved in one of those too... it went down in ways like this too

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's funny that in these situations almost no one ever asks the simple question:

what would Jesus do?

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Sounds like the same drama I was in a few years ago...I remember the same stage problem....

Funny story tho...when the selection process was going on the director who was a sub CO said anyone who has ever been DF'd will not be selected for the drama...I knew of at least one who was there that had been and his face dropped. The sub CO said he didn't want to be blacklisted for using wrong people and never allowed to direct a drama again.

Struck me as odd then that the org is so unloving to hold prior sins against someone...that you really never live down being DF'd...ever..to prevent being selected for a drama...and the CO 's acknowledgement that "blacklisting" goes on even in the upper ranks of org....should have woke me up immediately but it took a while longer...

In our drama group since two were df and others lost priveledges...me...I woke up and quit

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

There's something to be said about getting yourself a good Hollywood Agent. He'll make sure that your acting gig will be respected.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

To enter from the left would not have worked so the brother doing the lead part suggested that he would have to run

around the back of the stage to be in the Proper Position to enter the next scene.

This is where it got interesting. The brother in charge of the whole drama said he had to ask direction from the branch.....Hoser

Mother WatchTower shows her JW..

..........The Proper Position..

...................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit