New Handbill Campaign

by NoRegrets 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

JWDaughter, basically what Thedog1 said. We hosted a foreign language group recently and I know they specifically went out looking for ones that they assumed spoke the language. I'm not certain how they obtain addresses of individuals they assume speak the language. They were largely autonomous despite our congregation sponsoring them. I never went out in service with them, so I dont know exactly how they approach targeting potential targets. Maybe the phone book, or otherwise? One thing I do know is, if an english speaking publisher came across a house of people that spoke the language that the foreign language group was targeting, that info was handed off to them as a result. We passed it off whether or not we verified our assumptions were valid. If nobody came to the door, and the name on the mailbox looked like what we thought it was, we handed that info off to the foriegn language group. Which makes me wonder JWDaughter is there any reason to conclude someone Spanish speaking has ever recently or currently resides where you stay? It could be why they keep showing up.

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

"As sure as Alabama will beat Auburn, these special tracts will be placed."

So now SFPW has a problem that needs to be fixed, and I am here to help. You see he did not say that Alabama would beat auburn in 2013, it was us the readers that read into that. It is our faults for assuming he meant yesterday. Nor did he say that these special tracts would be placed, visibly. You see even he did not understand his prophecy at the time. In fact the tracts were placed, invisibly. And the alabama victory over auburn is a future event that will happen very soon. In fact it will happen in SFPW's generation of contemporaries. So anyone that was alive while he was alive will be included. Therefore it is evident that SFPW's prophecy was guided by Holy Spirit and we should have the utmost faith in his future football predictions.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

LOL, SloppyJoe. Epic fail on my part, epic fail, much like these special campaigns. Although for plenty of JWs, these hit and run campaigns are a welcomed reprieve from typical field service drudgery. So in that regard it was a success.

• Island Man
    Island Man

factfinder: If they are increasing the tract campagns its to cut costs.

They will cut back on book, brochure & magazine production, and increase the use of tracts.

They have already cut back on book production. Wallkill printed only 17 million books last year compared to 28 million in 2009.

This could be true. The new arrangment of counting tracts does seem to indicate that they intend to increase the focus on, and importance of, placing tracts.

Could this new arrangement be a prelude to the next step in cutting printing costs? We have seen how the magazines have already dramatically reduced in size to the point of now being embarrassingly thin. Perhaps, seeing that they can't possibly reduce the size of the magazines any further, they have devised a new face-saving scheme of cutting printing costs - place less magazines. Oh, but how do you justify placing less "life-saving" information to people in this "time of the end"? Simple: shift the focus from offering magazines to offering the much smaller and cheaper to produce tracts and put a positive spin on it - something like:

"To All Congregations:

Dear brothers,

Jesus taught his followers to not waste food. He also cautioned them against casting their pearls before swine. (John 6:12; Matthew 7:6) His words would especially apply to the life-saving spiritual food we share with persons in our ministry. To this end, we will no longer be initially offering the magazines to every person we call on as is now customarily done on a Magazine Day. Instead, we will focus on initially offering tracts to persons we meet. Only after a person accepts a tract with sincere interest, or specifically asks for the magazines, or gives a monetary donation, will we then offer the magazines to him. Naturally, we will still inform the householder that the tracts are without cost but that our work is supported by voluntary contributions.

Effective xx/xx/xx, the special Magazine Day arrangement for placing magazines will be replaced with a special Tract Day arrangement. Additionally, all congregation magazine quotas will be reduced by two thirds at the next shipment. Thereafter, congregations can make a request for an adjustment in their quota according to their local needs as determined by the level of interest being shown by persons in their territory.

This new arrangement will enable us to continue sharing life-saving information with persons worldwide while minimizing the wasteage that results when literature is placed with those showing little or no interest in spiritual things.

We send you our warm love and christian greetings

The Governing Body"

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The campaign ends today. We had some success placing them with people. All it takes is a seed.

And a demon seed at that!

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Jehovah false god demon seed

• rebel8
    rebel8

For health-related behavior changes, evidence shows it is rare for a person to take action solely because a brochure was given to them. It may follow that changing one's fundamental religious beliefs would respond accordingly.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Island Man-

LOL! You could be on to something! Maybe they will see your post and put special tract days into operation. And in the future to cut costs even more, publishers will be instructed to download and print out the tracts they need themselves so the society does not have to do it!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I noticed on the back page of their screed they put a QR code in the bottom corner. Also, I noticed it was 'printed in Canada'. The women who dropped it off did a hit and run number. As soon as she placed it in my hand they beat a retreat to the car.

Now I have assurance that the dead will live again.

• smiddy
    smiddy

How come nobody called at my door ? I feel like I`m deprived !

smiddy

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I live in Houston. My husband had had this flat since 2008. No one who speaks Spanish has lived here since then. Our upstairs neighbors do, but they also speak English perfectly-so far as I know ALL my neighbors is perfectly capable of holding a conversation with any English speaking visitor-even a debate. The kid upstairs, Pancho, doesn't speak Spanish as well as my husband does, and Spanish is my husbands 5th language!

In any case, I don't know why they keep coming back for spanish (nearly 6 years now!) and why they don't just TALK to us-we are right here at the door. . . man, back when I was young, we understood the value of someone opening the door-if they spoke only a LITTLE English, we'd try to communicate. What's wrong with this group? Why would they not have any English literature or a spiel for people in English when they obviously speak it as well as I do (we are all native English speakers!)?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit