True Stories from the Tower - Part 1 "From Anointed to Pedophile to Bethelite"

by BluePill2 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think BluePill2 may be busy with work right now..

He`ll be back..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Most elders never get across these issues, as they are relatively rare compared to other acts of actual or alleged wrongdoing.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I would never claim to know better than individiuals directly involved in any specific situation but I think Villagegir's overall point is 100% valid. If I had been an Elder on a JC re child sex abuse and I knew an individual had escaped investigation by the authorities then I don't think my conscience would allow me not to report it, even years later.

The WTS is not responsible for the legal side of things, elders are spiritual shepherds(!), which is precisely why they nede to involve the authorities who can determine if a crime has been committed and consider the safety of others an individual may come into contact with. The current WTS still allows for ones to escape investigation. The policy still defers decision making to WT Legal. Elders are still trained to follow policy and not their conscience. It was 100 times worse 10,20,30 years ago.

If an ex-elder was manipulated into essentially covering up a case from the authorities then what are the circumstances that are stopping them reporting it now? There might be some valid reasons but there surely can't be many. The recent cases in the UK of historical abuse by media personalities demonstrate that any assumption about the scale or impact from one abuser can be seriously underestimated.

I just hope that this discussion does prick the conscience of any current or ex-elders who know of these cases and have not done anything about it yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit