How many left over the UN issue?

by seedy3 24 Replies latest jw friends

• seedy3
    seedy3

I don't know if this Q has been brought up on the forum, if so I apoligize, but I was just thinking about this today, and wondered how many here left or are thinking about or trying to leave the B-org as result of the UN fiasco? How many do you know of that left due to this?

Seedy

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Was it really that big of a deal? I just saw it on the internet last week. Do many JW's even know about that incident? Of course I've been out of the loop for awhile so perhaps this issue is bigger than I think it is.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Well, it was a shock to me when I heard about it, and evedently it was a big to the WTS at one point, otherwise they would have never denied it and then made up a story as to why they were, when they got caught red handed.

Seedy

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The average JW response:

Upon finding out the WTS was a NGO, "There surly must be a good reason for the slave class to do that."

Upon finding out the reason, "Oh! They needed a library card! Well that makes since why they officially affiliated themselves with the Scarlet Colored Wild Beast, the Disgusting Thing in the Holy Place!" [Then they went off and told the Dr. to let their child die from blood loss because it is important that they not eat blood.]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• LB
    LB

I'm with Elsewhere on this. I'm sure a couple may have found this to be the final straw, but brother average isn't going to care or maybe he won't even know about it.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

I'm one. More than 20 years baptized, the last 8 as an elder. Actually inactive, not removed as an elder, with wife and sons.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I showed the entire gammut of infomation to my wife. Big change. Eyes now open. Finished both of Ray's books and starting on Penton's.

Big change. She sees the WTS for the lying bunch of dogs they are.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ginosko,

Congrats on getting out! In saying that you are inactive, does that mean that you are just drifting away, or are you planning of DAing yourself (and your family too)?

Have you posted your story yet? How you got in the WTS, how you lived as a JW, and how you got out. A lot of new people do that when they first come here.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• seedy3
    seedy3

Welcome to the board Ginosko, and congrats on the exit, I hope it goes well for you.

Seedy

• DIM
    DIM

a close friend of mine who is usually to busy to post here was reproved over asking questions about the UN situation and quit going over it. Badwillie and his wife. You can find his story by clicking on posts started by Badwillie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit