What was your "Aha!" moment?

by Hortenzie 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

1. UN alliances

I decided to add the second development that finally aided my own awareness of the Bethel atmosphere of organized transgression.

2. General perception of lack of holy spirit and a blase' JW attitude to actual Bible research and study.

Elders didn't like me hanging out in the library, witness parties never featured Biblical discussion, JWs seemed to treat ministerial positions and titles more like a business achievement, a noticeable attitude of complacency and self righteousness was displayed in NOT being able to simply discuss Bible teachings or WT teachings as these turned to seemingly defensive positions based on overall JW ignorance, not due to actual discussion but lack of actual understanding in JWs of basic WT doctrine.

Thus it appeared I was among robots, so free time studying seemed more useful than meetings featuring endlessly repeated superficial scriptural therapy, ministerial depth development sufficient for remedial or absolute newbie discussion endlessly parroted, delusional back patting exercises based on merit of 1940s JWs, catalogue like detail to visual assessments, endless recordings of the same old scripts with no actual insight or enlightenment since 1960, basically a spiritual concentration camp starvation diet and a big zombie like show of past performance of other historic JWs prior to the UN GB implanted cell of corruptions.

Eventually the JW malaise, spiritual cancer and statistical plummet all has a markable GB inception point epicenter, further marked in trends by the UN NGO, as in retrospect, both mark a point in JW productive decline that you can actually SEE in a plummeting graph. It said to me: Blessing suspension....

In my opinion God was not happy with the GB celebrity council from incept (1976) since it is not in the Bible, thus a core lie in itself and reveals glory seekers, credit thieves and plagiarizers more than Bible studiers. And I felt as a Christian in belief of God's Kingdom, neither God or Christ was happy with the GB lackadaisical attitudes towards spiritually fornicating and treasonous UN alliances. (What actual anointed would bed with the UN to read books at the UN library? The whole thing seemed but one lie after another lie, in a long line of lies since the GB self-invented it's own Biblical existence.)

In hindsight it eventually became impossible to defend them while preaching when in time I saw they are in fact more likely "evil slave" and "man of lawlessness" principle workers of very basic Bible clues of corrupting influence contained in key symbolic descriptions, and what that leads to in time; disaster. In the meantime their fruitage speaks for itself as does the atmosphere they create. We JWs have allowed corrupted and evil men who are fine actors (Rev2:2) to now direct the ministry for almost 40 years, again, it will prove a disaster in time. So I could no longer share in serious sins of Bethel origination, purpose and continued promotion.

3. Other obviously damaging polices

And thus as I tried to defend the GB on the web or in person, it soon became obvious they are their, and JWs, and the public at large, own worst enemy. No one can do more damage to Bethel and more reproach, than they have created in and of themselves and their own brazen conduct of spiritual megalomania and presumptuousness. The GB is the worst spiritual enemy in human form, that JWs have ever known up to this time. (2Thess2:1-4).

I will tell you now, the GB will equal a JW and ministerial disaster and will eventually be heaped into the dumpster of time, with other errors of the past that somehow were accepted as Christian formerly. (Zech3:1-5).

There is no such thing as a "Governing Body" in the Bible, plain and simple, and in that lie is their main curse. They get about 40 years, and no more; (Rev8:12).

• fiddler
    fiddler

I think it was the way I felt after my JC....that of an errant child. I was 41 years old and not ignorant of my mistakes. I believed at the time that my mistakes were between myself and god and i viewed myself as an ADULT who could weigh this out with God. I guess I never believed that I needed a group of men to intercede for me. Where the f**k is THAT in the scriptures, reallly?+++++

It was all so tribal...........so patriarcal...............so wrong.

So I walked out never to return.

I didn't even think or know about things like the 'fade'. Boy do I wish I knew more then than I do now. Maybe I could have connected more with my JW family in a safer way but oh well.........it is what it is and my relying on just being honest in beliefs got me no where with my JW family.

They can't face honesty.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I should also add that the e-watchman website also was a real epiphany to me. Whatever you think of Robert King and his very arrogant and obnoxious behaviour on this forum and others a long time ago, he articulately and coherently demolishes a lot of the Watchtower's bullshit. His copious articles are all well worth reading. Bizarre that he still feels it's "Jehovah's organisation" LOL. I guess someone has to run the fool's errand.

And I would emphasize that reading both of Ray Franz's books, especially ISOCF, was the final and absolute extinguishing of any lingering belief I had that the JW religion might be the 'true religion'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit