Is it ever ok not to expose pedophilia?

by SixofNine 24 Replies latest jw friends

• one
    one

if your father abused you,

stopped doing it

you dont need any monetary compensation from him

you let him know one way or another that you can blow the whistle if he does it to anyone else.

AND you figure out a way to keep an eye on him and you let him know about it.

Under the above cirncustances what else is to do? What is your objective?

I am not sure about the maxim that "once an abuser always an abuser", the word exception is still part of the dictionary, right?

Under the constitution you have the right to remain silent, i think that apply to victims.

If a burglar break into your house some people do not even bother reporting it, there are a million reasons for it. Been ther done that (the burglar case...)

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Dear One: I don't know whether to cry or scream at your post. Monetary compensation? Keep an eye on him?
    I must assume you have not had much experience with the crime of sexual abuse.
    We're talking about monsters touching helpless children.And your comparing it to a burgular.
    Please, please read up on this subject. There is much to learn.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

morrisamb, you of all people should know that not everyone milling about in society and on discussion boards are sane.

Aside from that, thank you for your informed comments, and thank you for what you are doing to help with this issue. I plan to read your book.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Yeah, and I'm old enough (and been around the block enough) to know not to judge just who is and who isn't sane here! Hopefully I steered the person in a positive direction. Thanks for the positive feedback. Much appreciated.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Six,

I totally agree with you on the death penalty for child molesters.
    No pass go, one strike and it's lethal injection. Why should we have to pay room and board for 30 or 40 years for a child molester keeping him behind bars. The problem with Texas isn't that it executes so many people. It isn't executing them fast enough.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Waiting,

Whether a molester is a one-victim molester or a multiple molester doesn't make any difference to me than whether a person is a one-time murderer or a serial killer. I think both are deserving of the death penalty.

A lot of my opinion was formed as a court reporter and sitting next to pretty little girls while they testified on the stand about what they endured at the hands of a father, stepfather, whatever. The faces of those little girls is something that has stayed with me because they have the same expression of an adult female rape victim.... except it's on the face of a six year old.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My molestor is dead, I see no point in stiring up his family needlessly.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Kismet
    Kismet

People who are in positions of trust, Doctors, Nurses, therapists, school teachers, paramedics etc are required by law to report all possible cases of child abuse whether it be sexual or physical.

It is not a discretionary call. It must be reported. I would not hold elders to a higher standard but since they and other secular clergy are in positions of trust, they should re under the same requirement.

Yes victims have rights but often while being abused they are not concerned so much with protecting themselves as they are often about protecting the abuser, whether this is by fear or intimidation tactics.

And since we are speaking of children in most of these examples, and we are talking about children here right?.. Can an 8 year old really decide what is best for herself? A 2 year old? a 14 year old? Most of these vulnerable ones (especially when it is a relative that is abusing them) would rather suffer than hurt 'Daddy' or 'Mommy'. This is why responsible people in the community have to report these instances to the Police or other authorities.

Reporting has a two-fold benefit, It gets the alleged abuser away from other kids thus protecting the community. Reporting also forces acknowledgement of the abuse and opens up possible treatment for the victim of abuse rather than sweeping it under the emotional rug to be dealt with later if at all.

Kismet

• one
    one

exception
    morrisamb and SixofNine,

now that you and others have insinuated that i am insane, i accept your dignostic.

NOW give me my prescription. But first justify your prescription by being SPECIFIC regarding your disagreement with my repply/answer to the QUESTION i tried to answer: which is the base for your diagnostic

Take note of a particular word i used EXCETION = ".. a case that does not conform to a rule or generalization"

Did you lear to shoot from the hip too.?

Now it it is your turn.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Dear One,
    I will comment on your post only one more time.
    I re-read my response. I certainly don't, didn't imply you were insane.I was being sincere. And my response to six of nine was to imply that I could be one of the insane ones.
    Don't read into it what isn't there.
    In fact, people say to me all the time, Do you think your father (my abuser) is insane?
    My response, and I'm sticking to it:
    "I'm crazier than he is."
    Have a good weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit