What was the "suggested contribution" for the NNWT?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

...?...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What was the "suggested contribution" for the NNWT?

Sacrifice your Children to...................... Ahhh!!..Babies for Breakfast!..

The WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes.................... Just like in Vietnam!!..

.......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Kaltas1
    Kaltas1

Fire

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

your life

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I think it may be a grey area....

• sir82
    sir82

No one even hinted at a dollar amount, which kind of surprised me.

On the other hand, the GB members probably considered it tres gauche, and far far beneath them, to talk of such a banal matter as money, in their dog and pony show er, holy event.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

They messed up, because if it was a district convention they would have announced on the 2nd day......"Many have inquired what would be an appropriate amount to donate for this new smorgasboard of spiritual food. Retail in a university could easily exceed $150! But many brothers have commented on how $75.00 feels just right."

They couldn't pull one of those since there wasn't enough time for some 'fake' questions before the end of the meeting.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Actually, they could have had the weird German brother ask that question during the staged Q&A, that was the perfect opportunity to get it in there. I agree with sir82 that they must have felt it was too crass to bring up the dollar amount in the annual meeting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe there will be some "unwritten" C.O. talk to follow at Kingdom Halls about the worldwide work.

"While the brothers and sisters were so excited about this wonderful provision from the faithful slave, many questions arose after the annual meeting about donating an appropriate amount to cover the cost of these books. While we can make no such suggestions, I can tell you what a recent trip to Barnes and Noble bookstore revealed as to the retail costs of Bibles."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I wouldn't be surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit