Which country is better to migrate Canada or Australia?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• barry
    barry

Australia is also good for skiing I live 2 hours from the ski resorts in the snowy mountains. This time of year I can see the snow on the mountains.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I am Australian - I suspect there are a lot more black people in Canada than in Australia. While Australian Aborigines are black, they are unfortunately now a very small percentage of the population and are not well represented in the cities. The majority of immigrants to Australia have been from Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There have been some Somalis and Sudanese who have come more recently but they are also a small minority. Educated Australians are not racist but there is an underbelly of racism in the poorer suborbs on the Western edge of the Eastern coast cities and in the bush. Australian Universities have high standrad graduate programs. A lot will depend on whether you prefer codl weather or hot weather. Candians and Austalians are quite similar - laid-back and friendly with a problem-solving direct manner. Oh yes and I forgot - we Australians talk funny - lol.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

On the travel point I think Canda is better because Australia is actually a long way from anywhere - so isolation adn parochialism is a problem - this is one reason why I live in London even though the weather sucks big time.

• zeb
    zeb

G'day mate what are you doing a masters in?

In WA (Western Australia) we have the University of Western Australia, Curtin University, Murdoch university. These are world class. The capital city is Perth and sadly its a dont go out at night situation until you know what your at. Lots of restaurants, Lots of different beers. Glorious beaches.and Bikinis too. Housing cost a heap depending where like anywhere. Black? No probs. in the main but in every society there are a few******. Australia is a very multi racial country these days. Lots of accomodation near the universities so you are not up for a house of your own. The individual Unis could fill you in on that. The national language is English but Australians tend to speak in idioms among themselves. e.g. "He is not the brightest globe in the box". is someone who is not very clever. You will have fun with the language. We use a lot of slang as well. Dont use it until you know exactly what you are saying!!!!

Incomes. In what areas are you suggesting. Standard of living is high. People working in McDonnels get a low wage but its way above the US equivalent. There are not kangaroos to be seen in the city streets inspite of what some believe.

Modern electricity, water, gas, TV,Internet, phones as in the US. Excellent roads but we drive on the left side of the road. Petrol is about 1.80 a litre but it varies on what you buy. and it is sold in litres because we could not afford to buy it in gallons. (joke) and modern cars as you would see anywhere. Summer is very hot. Electricity is expensive due to politicians privatising the states power supply. So watch the use of your Air con if you have it or you will get a nasty shock when your power bill comes in. winter is mild no snow. Free medical if you attend a hospital emergency no matter what the injury or your income.

Dont mention "Boat-people" to any hard working Aussie. We have "Local government" who look after the area you live in parks roads etc and state governments who do a bigger picture and Federal Governments who ever try to bugger up all and everything. We are the most over governed nation on the planet. Politicians in Australia are not regarded very well at all.

There thats a little picture any more send me a PM.

Seeya. or catcha

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Australia is an absolutely wonderful country except for one thing:

It's full of Aussies.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

yadda yadda 2 - you a kiwi by any chance? 'How do you tell a well-balanced kiwi? He has a chip on both shoulders.' Cheers

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

No point bothering about an answer to HE. He hardly ever engages - only throws out a question. He's better off where he is - Nigeria, probably...

• Simon
    Simon

I think the Canada <-> New Zealand comparison is probably fair: both have larger, brasher neighbors that they pretend to like but laugh at when they are out of the room.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Eh, people are aboot talking funny in Australia... Canada is best, eh? Now put on your runners and lumber jacket, eh, loan me a toonie, eh, and let's go to Tim Horton's, eh.

We call it Tim's. The Horton's part is superfluous

New Orleans is fascinating though. One wonders where such a rich cultural infuence came from. I do like a nice cajun dish from time to time....

• Simon
    Simon

I think its a combination of French and water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit