Isn't the new light exciting???

by wannaexit 31 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Well, for some jw's the gb new light is very very exciting. In fact its the most exciting thing that has happened in a very long time. This is what a long time jw told me. In fact she was disappointed because the next article will be a summary at the circuit assembly and she won't be able relish it fully.

I don't get it? I don't understand how anybody can sit through this new light and not have a little bell go off that says: "wait a minute this has gone too far".

The problem is that most don't consider it new light, only adjustments. And I believe that most are only focusing on the chart and taking from it what they want to believe, which is the end is near.

• pixel
    pixel

Well said WE. Jw's don't care one bit about doctrine. Just living in the Ne World..

• Glander
    Glander

What I always am stunned by is how many witnesses set there and hear all these major flip flops as though it was white noise.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Sometimes I think we "apostates" find "new light" just as exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing what the GB comes up with on October 5th.

• sir82
    sir82
    The problem is that most don't consider it new light, only adjustments.

Which is due to most JWs not even knowing what they believe. Essentially, they believe what is found in in the latest Watchtower, even if it is contradictory, inconsistent, illogical, demonstrably wrong, or even dangerous.

As noted above, doctrine does not matter to most JWs. They are working toward a future in which 100% of the earth's population will live in enormous seaside or mountainside mansions, no one has to work to produce boring stuff like fuel or clothes, all animals are tame and cuddly, and everybody they ever loved will be eternally young & living right next door.

A magazine full of contradictory, confusing, illogical, and just plain stupid "new light" is seen as evidence that "the leaders must know what they are doing - after all they can think so clearly as to give us all this 'spiritual food', right?"

The crappier the dreck produced, the more reassuring it is - "I'm too dumb to understand it, but I'm going to follow these guys - they must be on a higher spiritual plane to be able to come up with this stuff, right?"

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

didnt paul speak about this, have teachers for themselves to have there ears tickled.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: Isn't the new light exciting???

A.: I'm sorry, I was picking my nose. What?

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I remind myself that I too used to be an active Jehovah's Witness who LOVED the new light, new adjustments, new reminders, new articles, new books, new videos, new brochures, new website, new assembly & convention programs, new preaching campaigns, new meeting schedule changes, new building projects, newly baptized ones, new studies, new circuit overseer.......

And then I started to THINK and the erosion began.

ginger

• erbie
    erbie

Yes, wonderfully exiting!

I'm wrestling with the urge to do cart-wheels around the garden

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

As someone who never quite bought the old truth, I find their reaction to the new truth very interesting.

When I discovered the fact that things were getting switched around, I called up my old jw friend and had her deliver the watchtower to me. I figured she could use the points on her score card.

She was so excited! Wow! I love it when the light gets brighter! Then she said something about a sailboat, and adjusting your course. All I kept thinking, was being tossed around by every breeze that blows.

Then in the recent (part 2) lesson, they were looking at that timeline. They commented how the devil "the sneaky guy," was hunched over, but Jesus was standing up straight and tall. Later, in the same talk, someone started talking about a weed that looks like wheat... but the wheat "bends" in the wind, while the weeds stand up straight and proud (just like all those ignorant "imitation Christians," acting like they are the queen!) I guess no one realized that they were, therefore, saying the wheat was stooping over like the sneaky guy That planted the weeds in the first place. (I am referring to the timeline that illustrates the new timing of the harvest season, in the parable of the wheat and the weeds, from Watchtower study edition, July 15, 2013, illustrated on pages 10-11).

They just keep referring back to the illustration and the timeline, because the rest of it is too complicated. "Jehovah will unite us. Be confident in his deliverance. Opposition will surely come, but we will stick together on this." (some of the planted comments that week). Oh and don't ignore, "We are grateful to Jehovah's writing department, for providing us with this information at the perfect time."

I find myself wondering... Are they excited about the new truth, because they never really believed or understood the old truth? Isn't that a relief and a comfort?!? If you are serving a religion that is not fulfilling or satisfying your needs, and they keep dropping little tidbits and breadcrumbs for you to pick up along the path, I can see why I would be exciting... Give us something new! Anything but this! Please deliver us! We are starving!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit