1975 - The Killer WT quote

by tim hooper 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

1975 the devious marketing scheme that helped the WTS. sell millions of

books and magazines and which created an equal amount of wealth $$$ for this

religious publishing house, all in a time frame of 10 years or so.

God bless America and the statue of freedom of religion .

• PaintedToeNail
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

When you look at the Organization's lack of growth through the early and mid 1960's, it becomes obvious WT needed to do something to get people into the Org. Year to year growth was stagnant or declining.

Nothing works better to get people to flock to a religion than to scare the hell out of them (Armageddon is coming!) and convince them that only YOU (WT)are approved by God to survive it.

Voila! 'Irrefutable Bible proof' shows Armageddon is coming in 1975. Look at WT's growth when the whole 1975 rhetoric was started in 1969. WT got the influx of new converts it needed to survive.... and it only had to lie on a massive scale to get those converts.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

True AndDontCallMeShirley and I think statistically that era for the WTS. had its highest greatest growth percentage rate .

Being a JWS at the time myself I could sense a commercial fraud a foot which eventually fostered my exit out of this religious organization.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

All interesting observations about how they (the WTS) all but said outright that the world was going to end in 1975. Certainly that thought was left hanging there - repeatedly - and it was patently obvious that they wanted us to believe 1975 would see Armegeddon.

As to their sincerity, though (or lack of it!);

- I do somehow get the feeling that F.W. Franz, deluded bloody fool and orchestrator of this whole debacle, probably came to believe this nonsense himself.

This might be time for somebody like Steve2 to comment about how, if someone keeps spouting lies for long enough, they can end up believing these themselves?

Bill.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." -Adolf Hitler

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit