sunday dinner with mom was a hoot...too bad she is sooooo brainwashed.....

by Lied2NoMore 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I went to meeting sunday with the family to sit thru drivel of public talk and WT. I actually held a WT and followed along! Like most here was able to pick out all the lies, deceptions and utter rediculousness of WT trying to say..."we didn't have it right before and we admitt it, but boy, we sure got it right now, even though we never have had anything right before".....you know....so fast forward to dinner with my sadly very mentally ill mother, who for lack of any intellect in the past was a very emotionally, mentally and physically abusive to me and my siblings, and a mental specimen of exactly what WT wants out of its adherents, leans to me and says, "the WT lately has been admitting how they have had things wrong in the past, it really is refreshing to see the changes which tell us how close we are. I know how you feel, but I wish you would read the articles...maybe they would help you"....so I said..."I was there today...I did see everything they said...and it is full of lies....you may just bury your head and refuse to look...but don't make it wrong for me to find out that the WT tells lies"..

So she follows with.."where do you get your information...do you get it from apostate material?"

I said.."how would you define what apostate is?"

She sat back in her chair...thought for an unusually long pause and said.."someone who stops following what the bible says"...

I replied.."well that's not me..the WT wants you to think an apostate is someone who tries to pull people away from them....to start their own following...someone who has bad intentions with fangs and big teeth and claws wanting to tear someone apart"....

At this point she is shaking and convusing in disbelief....her color is changing....

I said "the definition of apostate is simply someone who abandons one belief system for another...that's it"

I said "if you want a perfect example of an apostate...jesus fit the definition of apostate to a tee...he changed everything from a jewish system of beliefs to a completely different one....christianity"...

At this point she is shaking and convusing worse and I can see her thought bubble above her head imagining me suffering the most horrible death imaginable...and she told me to "stop talking...just stop talking"

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

So it goes...another WT drone thinks it is imperative to just believe the WT no matter what they say and if you dare question them or doubt them you better just shut up. Shut up or be disfellowshiped and jehovah surely wants you dead

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh your poor mum. She has no defense for her org. Jws just can't accept that we reach the conclusion it's lies without having to read 'apostate material', that we don't need to be told by some nefarious character.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Can't believe I survived being raised by her....I should be dead

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

She sat back in her chair...thought for an unusually long pause and said.."someone who stops following what the bible says"...

After she had admitted that the Watchtower had it wrong and now is changing things, her definition makes the Watchtower apostate. They had stopped following what the Bible says, and maybe now, this range of changes means they are following the Bible. Then again, based on past performance, probably not.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Anyone who stays away from meetings and quits reading Watchtowers for 6 months and throws the cults' apostate bible in the trash can pick up a Watchtower and spot the lies in less than a minute.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    At this point she is shaking and convusing in disbelief....her color is changing....

You triggered her cult personality, I've done it a few times by accident over the years. Its definitely a breathtaking experience.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Ever since I have made it known the WT has blown any shred of credibility it ever had....she keeps trying to "witness" to me and if I try to reply, she tells me to just stop talking...she doesn't want to hear it....WT should be embarrassed this is the best they can get from their members...someone who has been a lifetime member but can't cope with any contrary dialogue so they bury their heads in the ground...sad indeed

I forgot I also said truth should stand up to scrutiny. ..but WT detests being scrutinized. .its a DF offense

• adamah
    adamah

Lied2NoMore said-

At this point she is shaking and convusing worse and I can see her thought bubble above her head imagining me suffering the most horrible death imaginable...and she told me to "stop talking...just stop talking"

That's just truly sad, when people are so backed into a corner like that, and the cognitive dissonance suppression techniques have to kick into high gear to compensate for the breeched barriers. She's simply grasping at straws, at that point.

I'm reminded of Jesus' paradoxical warnings to be sure not to build on a foundation of sand, when so many have relied on that false hope of the imaginary icon of Jesus, only to allow themselves to be handicapped by following a lie and wasting their lives chasing a fantasy.

Adam

• Scully
    Scully

It doesn't matter what the WT publishes. Really it doesn't matter one bit. What it boils down to is LOYALTY to the WTS, no matter what. They can lie their faces off, they can harbor pedophiles, they can belong to the UN as an NGO for 10 years without letting JWs know about it, they can allow wives to be abused by their husbands and children by their parents, as long as they are loyal to the WTS, it's all good as far as JWs are concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit