‘Thank you Jehovah for the GB’s unapologetic manner in providing these adjustments.’

by Joepublisher1 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

‘Thank you Jehovah for the Governing Body’s unapologetic manner in providing these adjustments.’

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

My rational side now, I spoke with plenty of normal publishers and elders and I can't get them to say "We believe in a Rapture now". I tried every which way but loose, they won't say anything about this magazine. When Chet told me this magazine was going to cause chaos in the Kingdum Hall, I thought it was over the good "new lite", not confussion, scared to speak out what the new light means because they might be labbled a apostate. The GB did a strange thing for us, nobody will talk with me about the Rapture, growth in annointed, or who compiled the Bible if apostate Christendom had the Holy Spirit yanked away from them after John died in 120 A.D.

The Greek Bible was made into a canon when? This makes even the best JW scholars in our kingdum hall get sweaty.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm sure it was a freudian slip. None the less it shows confidence in the Governing Body is wearing thin even among COs and DOs and god knows what new lows the GB have reached at headquarters. Man do I see a rebellion brewing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Unapologetic can absolutely be used in a positive sense. Such as:

"President Obama is unapologetic about putting children's interests before big business in this health care reform agenda."

The elder presumably meant something like:

"Thank goodness we have leaders in the Governing Body who are unapologetic about making bold changes without regard for any spin that nasty apostates are likely to put on it."

It's tortutured and arrogant logic but to a dyed in the wool JW believer this sentiment makes some sort of sense.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Quite interesting.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in his brain. What could be going through his mind. Would you care to give his name? maybe others here know his personality and could shed some light on his prayer. Just a thought.

I totally understand if you'd rather not give that info.

Thanks for posting what you heard!

TD

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    That is the paraphrase, and the CO is probably a tool

Aren't they all? I agree with slimboyfat, the turn of phrase does make sense from a "company man" standpoint, though it does make the GB sound like a rude chiropractor.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well if this CO meant it in a positive way like 'were so glad that the GB are not stooping to apologetics but just giving us the straight dope as they see it'. Then I think this guy must be a real asshole, I mean like a totally brainwashed nothing going on inside his mind but 'the Corporation is so great! rhetoric repeated frequently and very out of touch with himself and reality.

Hey it could even be a mantra he uses when ever he feels a little twinge of cognitive dissonance, or when ever he says his prayers to his imaginary freind Jehovah?

• rmt1
    rmt1

I've been out too long and was thinking of this guy as an ordinary human being. I'm happy to say I haven't been around these pricks in over a decade. Some of the recent posts jogged my experiences of being in the concentration camp during the visit of the commandant. {{My friend Mike and I would go to these visits as would two Stormtroopers to the convening of the Imperial Visit, with the Emperor's March blaring and Star Destroyers pulling into the KH parking lot. And then those strings rip at the first sighting of the 'oh, no, I'm not God' visiting person.}} I can hear the voice control, sophisticated intonation, fully self-aware performance of stentorian command punctuated by subtle theatre. It is a crowd, you see, and they come to see a performance. These tricks were (in my memory) used by every CO / DO to ground, gird or armor the actual money shot statements. It's an art of the voice, a feat of the body, it bypasses critical analysis in social survival groups, it's a silverback ape / tribal leader / 'big man' critical skillset. Now I can hear the technicolor dolby scotchguard rain-x temperpedic version of this word 'unapologetic'. Now that I just had a 10-15 minute recollection, the probability is higher this word was chosen carefully, locked, loaded, and pulled out of its holster at the precise moment for maximum effect.

Can I ask: Was the intonation such as to imply that he just thought of this word on the spot, after searching for the right word, and being reluctantly forced to use this word? You can usually tell a fake, theatrical preoccupation with bon mot.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Maybe this Co just learned this big word and used it in his prayer, or maybe he was paraphrasing something he read in one of his secret letters for CO from the corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit