‘Thank you Jehovah for the GB’s unapologetic manner in providing these adjustments.’

by Joepublisher1 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

I was shocked when I heard a Circuit Overseer include a strange comment in his concluding prayer at the end of this Sunday’s meeting concerning the “adjustments” discussed in the Watchtower. He said, in part (and I’m paraphrasing) ‘Thank you Jehovah for the Governing Body’s unapologetic manner in providing these adjustments.’

I thought to myself, what a strange expression to make in prayer to God! (Of course, the Governing Body is never apologetic about their multitude of changes in this religion over the decades. They really don’t apologize for their mistakes. As a matter of fact, they don’t even call them “mistakes”, or “misinterpretations”. They made up the doctrine “New Light” as an explanation for their many mistakes so that’s they don’t feel any accountability about them.)

Why don’t they practice what they provided to the rank and file in a 1980’s WTS article that admonished everyone, “Be big enough to admit your mistakes”?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A weird choice of words indeed. Only decades of Watchtower indoctrination can adequately explain such spontaneous outbursts of tortured logic and brazen arrogance.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

?

What happened afterwards?

When people put their heads up?

After saying amen... I agree?

Did people look around?

Or did it just go in one ear, and out the other?

LoisLane

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Joepublisher1:

Why don’t they practice what they provided to the rank and file in a 1980’s WTS article that admonished everyone, “Be big enough to admit your mistakes”?

All these adjustments, mistaken views and corrections will result in monumental problems for the rank & file in defending their faith.

Sorry! Sorry seems to be the hardest word for the WTBTS to say!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/259301/1/Sorry-Seems-To-Be-The-Hardest-Word-For-The-WTBTS-To-Say

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

Slimboyfat, you said in quick summary: "A weird choice of words indeed. Only decades of Watchtower indoctrination can adequately explain such spontaneous outbursts of tortured logic and brazen arrogance."

I love it when some people can sum things up in a sentence. btw: I too feel this was an expression of "brazen arrogance" - and, yes the logic that we adopt as an indoctrinated JW really gets twisted the longer we are in! And, that's why it takes awhile to untangle the mess!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Was the CO meaning

A. Happy they aren't embarrassed by it and not making excuses or

B. He has had it with the changes and being very sarcastic, realizing he's been living a lie and how dare they not apologize?

• JeffT
    JeffT

This CO is either signally the fact that he's waking up, or (more likely) he doesn't know what "unapologetic" means. I've never seen the word used in a positive context, usually its something like "Anthony Weiner remains unapologetic for sending dirty pictures via the internet." Saying the GB is unapologetic means they have something to apologize for but won't.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Yeah, that sounds like a Freudian slip. In repose or composure, he would have found a different way to express the sentiment that the GB must be patient, and so you should be also.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Unapologetic=unrepentant.

Where is the evidence that Jehovah/Jesus would appoint unrepentant men to guide his people?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Unapologetic most certainly can be used in a posative context.....or at least from the perspective of this CO it would seem posative.

In other words he is saying, thanks for having the guys give it to us raw and unfiltered, and not care about what some may think about it. We need it rough!

That is the paraphrase, and the CO is probbaly a tool. He didn't happen to be visiting a southern California congregation was he? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit