Adjustments In Understanding--2013/7/15/Watchtower!

by Atlantis 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

their picking and choosing what is and what is not truth makes me sick...how on earth is anyone expected to make sense of any of the cultish gobbledegook that pours forth from those 8 loonies of the gb...?...they have reduced the bible to a flavour of the week doctrine....I doubt they will commit anything in writing soon as they change tack so often.....do they ever think about what they print?...do they believe that their rantings and ravings about apostasy etc etc can shut down their own members from thinking as rational beings?...I shudder to think what major announcement they may (or may not be?!) be planning to issue at the AGM this year........the lemming complex....!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

^^^^^^^^

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

I sort of posted this in another thread. The fds gets appointed over jesus belongings when they receive their heavenly reward, and this includes the messianic kingdom. Since the fds is only eight guys, they are the only ones now ruling in heaven? What about the rest of the anointed that are not fds? Maybe they become a heavenly great crowd and the actual fds become the heavenly little flock? The earthly little flock become given ones and the earthly great crowd is the rest of us schleps? But seriously what now?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

slimboyfat: Everything else is noise and bluster to distract from the fact that that's all that is really happening.

Exactly, it's the rhetorical equivalent of the illusionist's sleight-of-hand to misdirect your attention from what's really happening!

WT Con Game

• Scully
    Scully

Thanks for posting this.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• sir82
    sir82
    The fds gets appointed over jesus belongings when they receive their heavenly reward, and this includes the messianic kingdom. Since the fds is only eight guys, they are the only ones now ruling in heaven? What about the rest of the anointed that are not fds?

That's an excellent point.

Jesus said the "faithful and discreet slave" would be appointed "over all his belongings".

There have been, what - maybe a couple dozen guys who have been part of the "faithful and discreet slave" (new definition) from 1919 until now?

The other anointed who died never were and never will be part of the "faithful and discreet slave"?

So now there are only going to be 30-40 kings in heaven, instead of 144,000?

Following the pattern of late, it seems the GB have not thought through the repercussions of their decision.

Their combined brainpower couldn't keep a 15 watt bulb illuminated.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I am pretty sure this is discussed in the article but don't have time to check. I recall the thinking is that when they are in heaven they are all the F&DS.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sir82: Following the pattern of late, it seems the GB have not thought through the repercussions of their decision. Their combined brainpower couldn't keep a 15 watt bulb illuminated.

Too funny!

Dem Dim Bulbs

• sir82
    sir82
    I am pretty sure this is discussed in the article but don't have time to check. I recall the thinking is that when they are in heaven they are all the F&DS.

Well now wait a minute - so there are now 2 faithful and discreet slaves?

One now, on earth, and one later, in heaven?

Oh wait, now I get it - "Jesus evidently meant that the earthly faithful and discreet slave would overlap the heavenly faithful and discreet slave".

Idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit