Adjustments In Understanding--2013/7/15/Watchtower!

by Atlantis 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

This file is being passed around by Jehovah's Witnesses concerning adjustments in understanding the 2013/7/15/Watchtower. The first draft they prepared had a typing error, and Nevada sent the draft back to the JWs for correction. They corrected the typing error and sent it back to Nevada. (Copy and paste Nevada's info cause she had to go to work.) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Download: . Send Space (Click the link by the blue arrow.) http://www.sendspace.com/file/xjjjq5 . . . Petra

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Active JW's are passing this around?????

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Atlantis, thanks!

When I read the first article I thought it was more than a little weird that they began with, "For a number of years, we thought that the great tribulation began in 1914 with World War I and that 'those days were cut short' by Jehovah in 1918 ..."

As the chart you posted proves, this is a teaching that was "adjusted" in 1969, 44 years ago! It's hard to understand why they would bring up really Old Light, before they "adjusted" the Current Light by replacing it with New Light.

Indeed, in reference to the "understanding" of when the great tribulation will occur, this is no change at all; but they way the set it up makes it seem like it is!

It appears they are deliberately being confusing, probably to distract all the good little dubbies from noticing the really significant change that comes in the last article.

It's a bit of rhetorical misdirection, akin to the illusionist sleight of hand!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This looks like a chart straight off of jwfacts.com

Thank you again ATLANTIS et al. . . .

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I have not had the time (or the stomach) to review this chart with a fine-toothed comb, but my sense from a quick perusal is that it has quite a number of small, but significant inaccuracies, (according to current--that is to say, "For the time being"--JW "Theology).

For example, according to the lastest, brightest and newest "New Light," are the FDS appointed over Christ's belonging WHEN they receive their heavenly reward, or just PRIOR TO?

I know, I'm doing what I always tell everyone else to not do: Stop trying to make sense of nonsense!

Sorry, I can't help myself.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

breakfast of champions:

The file was sent to jwfacts about an hour ago, so he may already have it posted on his site.

Petra

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Bets are on: How long before the elders receive a letter from the CCoJWs directing them to tell the publishers to stop making "cheat-sheet" charts like this.

"Leave all the graphics and chart making to the Governing Body/FDS. That's our job providing this yummy delish-ious 'spiritual food.'"

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

LostGeneration:

Jws passing around files like this is "old news" especially when they passed around all the corrections that were made to the Revelation Book! Remember?

Petra

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

The subtitle sections "Adjustments in Understanding" simply means changed "interpretations by men"! Once I realized that this organization's teachings are really from men, and NOT from God's Holy Spirit, I concluded that the WTS (Jehovah's Witnesses) are no different than any other religion that claims to have the truth.

Also, those charts are very revealing on so many levels. First it shows how complicated this religion is. Second, the WTS makes it look like they are the only ones who understand the deep things of the Bible - of course, if that was really true than you wouldn't have a column on the left of those charts entitled "Previous Understanding". The WTS leaders are simply guessing what these scriptures mean.

Lastly, they always chose their words carefully. For instance, instead of the left-hand column being entitled: "Mistaken explanation", it's entitled "Previous Understanding". You see, this organization has a REAL problem admitted it's mistakes. Thus they invented the "Light is getting brighter" doctrine. They are utterly shameless in how they abuse scriptures in the Bible.

Please wake up Jehovah's Witnesses... you are in a sham of a religion.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

I don't know how the Governing Body sleeps at night? Isn't there at least one more Ray Franz in that group with a working conscience who will speak up about what a farce this religion is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit