1914 change article in the watchtower?

by Joliette 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh okay. Thanks for the replies. Cause I heard that 1914 is coming to an end...lol.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was 18 yo in 1975 and was assured that I would never graduate high school. I am now 56, so what happened with that promise?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

From the Reasoning Book:

Rapture Definition: The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The word “rapture” does not occur in the inspired Scriptures. If Someone Says— ‘Do you believe in the rapture?’ You might reply: ‘I find that not everyone has the same idea as to what the rapture means. May I ask what your thoughts are about it? . . . On any matter, it is beneficial to compare our thoughts with what the Bible itself says. (Use the portions of the material above that are applicable.)’ Or you could say: ‘The rapture has been explained to me as an escape plan for Christians. Many feel that this is the way they will escape the coming great tribulation. Is that how you feel?’ Then perhaps add: (1) ‘We certainly want God’s protection at that time, and I find to be very encouraging some texts that show how we can benefit from it. (Zeph. 2:3)’ (2) ‘Interestingly, the Bible shows that God will safeguard some faithful ones right here on earth. (Prov. 2:21, 22) That is in harmony with God’s purpose when he first created Adam and put him in Paradise, is it not?’ Another possibility: ‘By the rapture you mean that Christians living at the end of the system of things are to be taken to heaven, is that not right? . . . Have you wondered what they will do when they get to heaven? . . . Notice what Revelation 20:6 (and 5:9, 10) says. . . . But over whom will they rule? (Ps. 37:10, 11, 29)’ From BOC's thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/261039/1/Went-to-July-15-WT-Study-at-Governing-Body-Members-Hall

His next comment was on paragraph 9, which to me was the most interesting.

He said (again in accord with the chart on pages 4-5) that 'right before Armageddon, all of the Anointed remnant on Earth would be taken all at once to heaven, but those left on Earth would be guaranteed survival through Armageddon.' Basically, the sentiment was, "We're outta here, but don't worry: you're guaranteed deliverance through absolute hell on earth!" Yes, it's official: we believe in the Rapture!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What's so incredibly amusing to me about this is that we JUST had a talk on the Ministry School about WHY WE DON'T BELIEVE IN THE RAPTURE. THREE WEEKS AGO. Guess that's old light. Wonder what the sister who gave that talk in our Hall is thinking now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit