1914 change article in the watchtower?

by Joliette 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joliette
    Joliette

When are the witnesses going to study this article? I wonder how they are gonna feel.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Can you be a little more specific. I am not an insider and don't know of these mysterious studies you speak of.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I guess the watchtower is going to change the 1914 doctrine, I think the witnesses are going to study it at the Sunday meeting either this weekend or next weekend.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They did something like that this weekend just gone according to a friend of mine who's a closet apostate. She's only on for family. Anyway she told me she reckons they're gonna be 'postponing' Armageddon for at least another 40 years.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I can assure you it was a non-event. Nobody cares except for us?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah I was reading a facebook post, and this lady who post on here says that she went to the KH today and heard the beginning of the doctrine change. I remember when I was a kid how that 1914 thing was pounded into us. I remember thinking the world was gonna be over in 2000.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I remember thinking the world was gonna be over in 2000.

Well, you're justa kid.

I clearly recall when it was gonna be over by 1975.

I think they're all dead who thought it would end in 1925.

Doc

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I thought it would be over by 1975, but it was just a vague kid notion as I was just a vague kid:) Surprise, surprise, I not only had to get a period(kind of hoped that armageddon would supercede that kind of reality), but I gave birth to 3 kids and went through the change. So much for never getting old!

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

It isn't a change of the 1914 doctrine ... at least at this point.

It is a change in the identity of the Faithful and Discreet Slave and their appointment and the identity of the domestics.

• Freeof1914
    Freeof1914

I'm not sure if it's a new change or not, but I did notice that according to one of the endnotes witnesses now have reverted to believing in the rapture. I can recall arguing specifically against this when I was out on field service and relying heavily on my reasoning book back in my pioneer days. Damn it! I guess those know nothing householders knew more than the GB!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit