JW drone posted typical JW response about Syria on my Facebook wall

by TheStumbler 33 Replies latest jw friends

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

I was tempted to say something sarcastic like 'yes human governments will never work. Much better when Jehovah runs things. He would would have drowned them all for being Muslim'.

Why is it JWs never realize when they lament these tragedies that had Armageddon happened before the tragedy those same victims would have died any way for not being JWs. How is that any kind of solution? Its like solving a famine by killing all the hungry people.

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

@ Frazzled,

I have spoken to him before about putting minor conflicts today into a historical context. He believes the world was relatively peaceful before 1914 and can't be convinced otherwise.

• zound
    zound

Gerret Losch mused in a public talk that Jehovah may use 'radiation' to destroy some people at armageddon. Could be that he uses chemical warfare also - wouldn't surprise me.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

If a monkey uses a tree branch to hit another monkey over the head, attacking science is like attacking the physics behind why the tree branch hurts more than a monkey fist...

The monkey was just being a dick, now get over the fact science has reduced your beliefs to a fairytale...

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

It is an appeal to adverse consequences. I don't like the consequences if it is true therefore it is not true

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    is it me or do all JWs speak and write the same and adopt the same Watchtoerr rhetoric, tone and vocabulary?

Yes they do. Just take a peek on one of the pro-JW message boads. There is no free thought, just wild imaginations and a regurgitation of watchtower rhetoric, often word for word.

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

I will call him tonight explain that I wasn't trying to censor him. I was just embarrassed by him and explain that Facebook is not an appropriate forum to discuss religion (for me its not at least). I wonder if that will be unusual for him to hear as an elder. I expect he used to being listened to not ignored.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You can never win an argument with a true believer. You need to accept that your father has different views than you, even if you I understand why they are wrong.

The world has made tremendous strides against such ignorant thinking over the last hundred years and hopefully education with continue that advancement for upcoming generations.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Then he hit me with the most cliche JW response about how Syria shows human governments never work and science can't solve any problems.

World Governments aren`t nearly as Screwed Up..

As the WBT$..

With the Exception of those Loyal to the WBT$..

This Group of WBT$ GB Lunatics..

Support the Genocide of the Entire Human Race..

Happy.. Dopey.. BulletHead.. BadHair.. I`mRight.. Capt.KFC.. GrandpaMunster..

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/governing-body-2012.jpg

.............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Skbj
    Skbj

You should have added then next time he has a ache to go read the Bible in order to ease his pain and not take a medicine seen that's result of science. I refuse to have my parents on Facebook :D To avoid this type issues in future you can go to settings and limit what your dad can see in your timeline. Problem solved ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit