Most Frightening Door to Door Experience

by Kenneson 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

Quotes, you are so right. Field service is ALWAYS frightening to me, because of all the opposition I get. When I was growing up, I just thought that "worldly" people are always like that - miserable - with no thought that I was the one making them miserable!!

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Lets see,
    I have been chased by a dog more than once.
    Attacked by a rooster, bitten by a small dog when I was a child and then scolded by my mother for trying to pet a dog while she was talking about Jehovah at the door!
    I have been greeted with a gun,
    I have been greeted by a naked man,
    """"""""""""""""""""""""naked women
    """""""""""""""""""""""almost naked men and women at different times.
    Been cussed out,threatened of calling the police.
    Attacked by a goat!
    Many many more........

But the weirdest one had to be the magazine call who every time I came by wanted to show me photos of her dead son,daughter in law and grand children.
    I'm talking actual photos of them in their caskets!
    They were killed in a car accident.
    Yuck!

ChiChi

• mommy1
    mommy1

When I was six, I threw up on someones porch while going door to door. thankfully nobody was home. My poor mom was trying to wash it off with the hose and not cause attention. We still laugh about it now, many years later.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

• One day I approached a door with a sister. When there was no answer, we turned around to leave, got half way down their sidewalk, the householder opened the door and a big black labrador retriever flew out the door at us. The sister I was with was scared to death of dogs but she was in front (making me behind), I just turned around and faced the dog with a "Well, aren't you a nice dog" in a cooing voice and started petting him. His tail started wagging, I looked up at the householder standing at the door (very embarrassed) and said "Hi, We're Jehovah's Witnesses blah-blah-blah......sure you wouldn't want to read this magazine?". By this time, he's blustering all over the place. The sister's ready to pass out!
    • I had the sprinkler's turned on me once going to Service meeting.
    • I had a naked man trying to hide behind a glass door.
    • I had a man scream and holler "YOU RUINED MY SISTER'S LIFE" (Now I can understand why!)

Oh the joys of pounding the pavement earning your way to Paradise Earth!!!

Trot (on a diet)

Edited by - Trotafox on 3 July 2002 0:0:34

• LDH
    LDH
    but I zealously replied that our message is for all people, just as Jesus preached to all sorts of people.

Man, Quotes, I am laughing my arse off!!!

Lisa

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This one time.... someone asked me how we came to the conclusion that Gods Kingdom had begun on earth in 1914. I knew they were posessed! I ran like a scalded JW!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

C'mon guys, I win. You know that is the scariest thing that can happen in field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit