Most Frightening Door to Door Experience

by Kenneson 36 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

We saw a couple of trailer houses up in an area that was obviously part of a sand and gravel batch plant, so the driver pulled in. It was him, me, and a 12 year old girl, and it was his turn to go. I was tired, so the girl and I waited in the car with the windows down.

At the first door, a large man answered, and our driver identified himself as a Jehovah's Witness. At this the large man became startled, shouted, "No... no... go away," and slammed his door shut. So our driver went to the trailer next to it. They were arranged in an L shape. While Br. Driver was talking to the inhabitant of the second trailer, who seemed to be friendly enough, the other guy opened the door and called, "Hey!" Br. Driver didn't turn, so he shouted louder, "Hey, you!" At this, Br. Driver turned, and the guy said, "I told you to get out of here. No you go. Go on, now, git!" Dr. Driver told him, "I'm not bothering you. I'm talking to him" (pointing at the guy he was talking to) "...and I'm going to keep talking to him." Then he turned back to the guy and continued his conversation. The first guy yelled, "Oh, you think so, huh? We'll see. We'll see, sho' nuff." He disappeared into his trailer, and after several seconds reappeared at his door with a rifle. He didn't actually point it at Br. Driver, but he was ducking and bobbing his head in and out of the door and I could see the barrel of the gun moving as he did.

The girl in the car with me got eyes as big as saucers and started pointing at the guy and shouting, "Br. XXXXXX," (that's my last name, XXXXXX) "Br. XXXXXX, that man's got a gun!" Pointing and waving her finger in the air at him. Br. Driver meanwhile had his back to the guy and didn't know what was going on.

Well, when the gun first appeared I started praying for Jehovah to protect Br. Driver, and us, but when the girl cranked up and started pointing and waving, I switched and started praying that Jehovah would make her shut up and sit still.

Br. Driver finished his presentation and walked calmly back to the car. I didn't say anything, but the girl breathlessly told him all about it. I just wanted to go home and be alone.

Being alone is good for you. It gives you quality time with your best bud.

COMF

Ah, love! could you and I with Him conspire
    To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire,
    Would not we shatter it to bits--and then
    Re-mould it nearer to the heart's desire!

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

How come everybody has these naked women at the door stories. The closest I ever got, me and another brother were at the door of a sorority house. The girls were running around in towels, up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs, down the stairs, giggling the entire time. And the two that answered the door were in towels. I was in no hurry to leave. Regretably the other brother was, he avoided looking in as long as he could.

drahcir yarrum, yes a return visit in the least.....

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was at a door with Princess, and she was about 5 or 6. It seemed no one was home, and before we could leave the porch, a Doberman came running around from the back of the house barking furiously. We backed up to the door, and it opened...........no one home, but the door opened. Finally a man came around the house, after the dog and called it off....his name was "Tinkerbell". That scared me.

Princess usually held her little bookbag out to block them from getting at her. She was protecting us.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Do you know those doors that are this 'obscure glass', from top to bottom; all you can see is vauge shapes through it?

Ladies, a tip; do not go to the door naked if you have one of those doors. Obscure glass or not, it's not obscure enough, and would make Kate Moss look like she had terminal cellulite.

I know.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I had a lady come to the door half naked....I think she was so sleepy she didn't know what was going on....pretty attractive, too, (she had a bra on but was wearing nothing downstairs). Safe to say, I thought longingly of that street many times during my travels as a JW.

ashi

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

Nothing ever happened when I would go door to door, people never even answered their doors. But that could be due to the fact that my friends and I always made sure we went to the doors together and we would pretend to knock because the people waiting in the car for us were always parked far enough down the driveway that they would'nt of been able to hear a knock anyhow! So there we would stand infront of a door knocking and knocking and no answer but they always seemed to get someone home! LOL!!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Anytime someone actually answered their door. I would pray they would not, I guess I just honestly was not prepared. You know at the service meeting, they said if you prepared you wouldnt be afraid.
    So I guess it was my fault, I just didnt want to read and prepare to talk about the african tree frog.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Man, I had the most boring FS experiences of all. NOTHING exciting EVER happend. Bleeech. Hated it.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I remember being chased by a dog, that ment to bite, and just running and barely getting my leg in the car. Also going to a house and having a man standing on his porch with a hammer in his hand, asking us if we are JW, we answered yes and he told us to get lost in some very rude language. I was young then and very afraid, we quietly turned and walked away. Oh here's one called on a door with 2 elderly men. A sister and I stepped in and from there the one man kept saying all they needed in life was wine, women and food, they kept saying this over and over again. Thank goodness for those long coats we used to wear that covered most of our bodies, if felt really uncomfortable, and just wanted to run. Thank goodness I no longer have to go through all that again.

• SYN
    SYN

About the worst thing that ever happened was when we went to a door (I was working with an Elder) and this teenage girl, about 16 opened and began talking to us. She seemed really interested (God help her soul), and we were having a great discussion, showing her stuff in the Bible, blahblahblah, and we were about to place a brochure with her when a car pulled into the driveway and this HUGE guy with a beard stepped out (6FT++) and began screaming (literally screaming) at us, that we were the tools of Satan, and he was getting very, very upset, and we left shortly after he threatened to shoot us for talking to his daughter! Damn!

Other than that, it was more boring than watching paint dry, honestly...

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit