New Light related to Watchtower Society Isolation closing the shop? A scenario

by Gorbatchov 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I was thinking about the next scenario:

The United States (and Western world) are losing influence compared to China, India and other new economy's.

With this decline of influence, the Watchtower Society, a true American Religion and it's Subsidiary's corporations are losing profits and losing it's base in much country's under China / India / Indonesia / Brazil influence.

What I see is that the Watchtower Society is selling it's main assets: landmark buildings in optimal condition. The Brooklyn buildings (1 billion dolllar), The London officies (The Ridgeway & ISBA House), Roma (Via della buffelota), Madrid, Spain and many of the Southern American branches and the Caribian Islands.

All the profit will be transfered in an one way direction to the treasury management office of the WTBTS. Ready for cashing.

So, for example see the next calculation:

assets devide by FDS was: 2 billion : 144.000 = 13,888.88 dollar per FDS member

assets devide by FDS is: 2 billion : 8 = 250,000,000.00 per FSD member

So, the current FDS class members have won the jackpot with their "We like this new idea"!!

So, I think, they made a scenario for further isolation and "closing the shop" and have secured the assets for themselves, helped by their accountants, investors and lawyers.

Gorby

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Gorby, interesting theory.

I have wondered about them intentionally trying to downsize the flock even closing up shop. Perhaps they recognize their gig is up and the internet is a game changer.

As far as splitting up the money between the 8 GB members, I would think that the lawyers and bankers they have either in house or secularly smell the money and would know what to do with it and how to extract it. Further, the GB has been isolated into a position where they don't have control over the financial aspects of things at least not the way pre 1990 WTBTS presidents did. With the money that WT has it will always attract swindlers.

I believe there are financially smarter people than the self appointed GB and they will end up with the spoils. They have already had issues with brothers who were "price gouging" on printing paper and other products, later to be found out.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

How does the fact that no governing body member sits on the boards of directors of the legal entities (and therefore have no legal control of the money) fit into this scenario? Would the current boards just hand over the money because the FDS said so? Also, these entities are registered as not-for-profits. Fleecing these companies as you describe would result in jail time (think Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker).

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I bet the IRS has its eyes on The Watchtower Corporation and its CEOs. The IRS has its eyes on cults like the WT, especially since it is based on wild falsehoods and is an end of the world type cult. I'm waiting to see these guys behind bars, they seem crazy enough to wind up there.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

http://www.damninteresting.com/retired/can-we-trust-the-red-cross/

"Despite landing in trouble for soliciting more donations than they need and squirreling the rest away, the Red Cross continues to operate this way. The organization makes a total of about $3 billion annually, about half of which is from selling donated blood. Some of this surplus money ends up in disaster relief, but it seems that much does not. Last year alone, the Red Cross spent $111 million in fund raising, and their CEO Marsha Evans made just under $652,000 . It seems the the main value they offer is the free help of their volunteer force."

Now the GB could say that they want to be paid, like other CEO's of non-profits. I don't see why they would unless they are getting out themselves, they live a cushy life without financial worries in the status quo and don't pay taxes.

• clarity
    clarity

neverending .... Would the current boards just hand over the money because the FDS said so?

>

Not because the GB say so, but maybe the someone who controlls the GB.

>

That someone who could throw the GB under the bus, the same way the GB

will throw the elders under the bus, given the chance!

Lots of theories out there!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

their CEO Marsha Evans made just under $652,000 .

The GB could certainly draw a salary, and a rather comfortable one at that, and not run afoul of the law. I didn’t mean to imply that they can’t reap financial reward from their position. Some non-profit CEO salaries can rival private-sector CEO salaries. Money is a fantastic motivator. Power is even a greater one. Personally, I don't think the GB is motivated by money. The kind of power they enjoy in their world is rare, almost unique.

The point I was trying to make is that the GB cannot simply liquidate the religion's assets and convert it to their own personal use. Not without becoming some of the most highly sought after criminals in the world. The religion's wealth has been accumulating tax-free for over a century. Uncle Sam is not going to be okay with them simply absconding with the corporation's assets. Also, non-profits can be wound up, but there are very complicated rules that would require that any remaining assets be put to public use. The type of "GB will run off with the money" scenarios need to factor in the incredible crime it would be for them to do so.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

While I do think that it must be maddening to see all that money, but not be able to touch it directly, the job isn't without perks. When you consider what being a member of the GB actually entails.

They get up and have people kiss their ass from sunrise to sunset, they just walk around barking orders. All expense trips to places all over the world where they just get up and say whatever is on their minds. Every congregation they visit they are treated like a celebrity.

They also have something that money can't buy. Power.

They intimately control millions of people's lives.

They could snap their fingers and have someone disfellowshipped.

Personally I see donations dropping as their membership numbers fall in wealthy countries. Converting their assets to liquid allows them to supplement the loss with investment money. If we get another economic crash though, they are sunk. Would need to implement new light on tithing.

• prologos
    prologos

new light-ening that.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

The difference is even though the GB in reality control the organization they don't control it on paper. They have legally removed themselves from the corporation and wouldn't be able to be paid as officers.

I think they are simply a legacy corporation trying to produce and sell a product that no one wants anymore. They are hemmoraging money and have been forced to liquidate assets to cover operations. Imagine a phonograph maker trying to convince himself that even though the market for his phonographs has dissapeared that people still must want the phonograph because it is such a great product. They just don't realize how great it is.

These guys are running a real estate business that masquerades as a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit