NEW BIBLE

by The Searcher 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

If they are coming out with another bible, I do wonder...How many more times will they insert Jehovah into the text?

• smiddy
    smiddy

That was funny Marvin Shilmer,at least I had a chuckle.

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

There already is a Nwt app for Android. It asks you for a donation when you open it. Seriously.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

The NWT has been translated into modern Greek as well as Hebrew (released at the international assembly in Tel Aviv).

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I would bet that they haven't gone back and retranslated the Bible from the Hebrew & Greek, I reckon they've done English to English. This is probably just a reworking of the NWT from the awful strangled English in the current NWT to a slightly simpler version. The NWT manages to translate the first 7 verses of Romans in to just one sentence with multiple clauses. Even the NIV splits that section into 3 or 4.

NWT: Paul, a slave of Jesus Christ and called to be an apostle, separated to God’s good news, 2 which he promised aforetime through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who sprang from the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 but who with power was declared God’s Son according to the spirit of holiness by means of resurrection from the dead—yes, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we received undeserved kindness and an apostleship in order that there might be obedience of faith among all the nations respecting his name, 6 among which [nations] ? YOU ? also are those called to belong to Jesus Christ— 7 to all those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones: May ? YOU ? have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and [the] Lord Jesus Christ.

NIV: Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— 2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life [a] was a descendant of David, 4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power [b] by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. 5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from [c] faith for his name’s sake. 6 And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ. 7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

LOLCAT: Dis r a letr frum Paul cuz Ceiling Cat askt me tells about teh Gud Nuuz. 2 R teh same Gud Nuuz dat Ceiling Cat sed a long tiem ago in teh holi skripchurs. 3 Teh Gud Nuuz r about teh Baybeh Jebus, who huz grate grate grate grate grate grandson uf King David, 4 an we can knows he r teh son uf Ceiling Cat cuz he wuz ded, then zomg, he r alive. 5 So Ceiling Cat ses we haf to tell evrbdy wat he did, an then they can obeh. 6 An Jebus, he r callsing all uf u. 7 I is writing to evrybdy in Rome who Ceiling Cat luvs. An may Ceiling Cat gives u cheezbrgrs an u can has cookiez.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Also I bet the new "Bible sponsored by Watchtower" contains the word organisation somewhere.

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

I agree that it's just more of the 'dumbing down' that's been going on. I find it laughable that much of the new literature is nothing but pictures because all the new people they get are just illiterate barely functioning over-medicated zombies who can't form a coherent thought of their own. An elder in my cong actually told me he wished we could switch to studying the simplified WT. I told him if we do, I won't be there.

• cantleave
    cantleave

A dumbed down Bible - wow! I bet it has "governing body" added to it!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I bet it has "governing body" added to it!

Oh please oh please let this happen!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Has anyone considered that the WTS may be using our site to build buzz for the new product? (That, and the artificial shortage).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit