NEW BIBLE

by The Searcher 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

Can't wait to hear the spin on this! Anxious to see how they clean up John 1:1

• cofty
    cofty

It could be a clever strategy.

"Simplification" as a disguise for hiding willfully dishonest translations.

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

Suspence

• Comatose
    Comatose

Totally changing the wording helps many verses Cofty. Jesus speaking to the criminal on his side comes to mind.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Sources tell me the Governing Body has added it’s newly discovered book to the Bible canon. It’s title is Regulations by Watchtower. My source says it’ll be called Regulations for short.

The 2015 convention will feature Regulations for Your Attention featuring a full chapter on how it’s wrong to climax at hand. I understand illustrations in this chapter feature American Sign language.

Marvin Shilmer

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like they are going with a full-on New World Version instead of a NW Translation. Makes sense. Lets start a pool on how many times "governing body" and "organization" appear in this wonderful provision from Jah

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The jws have been without a new Bible more months, they will welcome anything.

• Londo111
    Londo111

So it will be more dynamic equivalence, ‘thought per thought’, than literal. All sorts of room for paraphrase!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Maybe this will wake some up? If they see the added stuff...

• startingover
    startingover

Just imagine the money to be made, everyone will have to have a least one. Some will probably "forget" to donate, but even so the take will be huge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit