Please help. I am losing the plot.

by wordyword 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Have you considered getting reinstated just to get access to your mom and make sure they is OK? It would be horrible, but since your parents are elderly, it would only be temporary. It's not something everyone could do, but there are those who have done it.

If not, maybe you could go by the house when your dad is away, maybe your mom isn't as blinded as your dad is.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

What you are going through is what Jesus Christ said would happen.

The question you have to answer in your mind is whether someone has screwed around with Jesus Christs baptism.

If you can come to terms with that then there is a large degree of comfort which can be obtained.

Luke 12:49-53

"I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50 Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51 Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52 For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

The situation you (and many others) describe above profoundly fits with Jesus Christs words.

What he said would happen, is really happening!

abe

• flipper
    flipper

WORDYWORD- I agree with DNCALL & OUBILETTE- Tell your dad that you are concerned about your mom's health and you have a right to express that concern and talk to her and check on her health. Then if he tells you you cannot check on her health- turn him into whatever legal agency around that looks into elder abuse and tell them your concerns and seek legal action against your dad. I'm serious. Enough of the bull$hit.

My elder dad prevented my older JW mom from coming to see us a few years ago because my inactive niece lived near us. I came unglued and told him what I thought. There hasn't been any incidents since and my wife and I still go and visit them. He hasn't confronted me since. You have a right to check on your mom's health. The WT Society is a monster that makes these people act worse than a pack of wolves seeking fresh meat. Go check on your mom pronto. Good luck. We are here for you friend. Peace out, mR. Flipper

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

wordyword,

Take another look:

"Icame to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50 Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51 Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52 For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

Now compare that to what John the Baptist said:

Matthew 3:11-12

I, for my part, baptize YOU with water because of YOUR repentance; but the one coming after me is stronger than I am, whose sandals I am not fit to take off. That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire. 12 His winnowing shovel is in his hand, and he will completely clean up his threshing floor, and will gather his wheat into the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn up with fire that cannot be put out." [I came to start a fire on the earth]

You HAVE been seperated!

abe

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Oh You Said "Plot" I thought you said New Yaught!!!

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

and he will completely clean up his threshing floor, and will gather his wheat into the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn up with fire that cannot be put out."

Jesus Christ is intimately involved in what is happening to you and all the others in the same situation!

There is an enormous amount of comfort if you can come to terms with that!

abe

• Fernando
    Fernando

Caring about your parents is natural and normal.

Please remember to care about yourself too.

Maybe it would also be of some help if you could get past Watchtower lies and misrepresentation of what Armageddon really is.

Armageddon means something very different to a spiritual person (disciple) than to a religious person (Pharisee).

Armageddon is not a literal place or time.

Rather it seems to be the spiritual battle between good (the unabridged good news) and evil (religion).

*** w90 5/15 p. 6 Armageddon—When? ***

Armageddon (or Har–Magedon) is symbolic of a worldwide situation…

*** w90 5/15 p. 6 Armageddon—When? ***

But that “place” (Greek, to′pos) denotes a world situation.

*** w90 11/1 p. 26 par. 16 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities ***
    We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization.

• Lindzo17
    Lindzo17

I don't see an issue here. Your mother is your mother just go there and knock. Your father can't stop you. This is a molehill, not a mountain

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Fernando,

I agree.

Popular opinion about Armageddon suggests that we should be looking for a battle with guns, knives, tanks, jets, rockets, bullets.

Yet, Jesus Christ said he conquered the world and did not use any of those!

All he did, was tell the truth!

abe

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thanks abe!

It's great to see you are on fire and keeping up the fine fight for the faith.

Blessings

Fernando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit