Elizabeth McFarland child abuse lawsuit on the news

by cedars 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

DATA-DOG

Cedars, are you in a position to contact the legal team for Elizibeth McFarland? They need the Bethel procedural manual. Why? Because it proves that all JW's are considered "ordained ministers."

I wouldn't worry. Irwin Zalkin is EXTREMELY experienced in going toe to toe with Watchtower in court. I have a feeling the "ordained ministers" argument has been raised in other lawsuits that he was involved in. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Thanks, though!

Cedars

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The shit is really hitting the fan now.What I am really curious to know is just what the full extent of it is. I get the feeling that cases like these won't be the end of the matter but the start. I'm glad to be alive to see how these events unfold. Good on you Elizabeth and I hope you get everything that you deserve. Btw I have never read anything in the mags but have they ever published anything confirming the extent of the problem, and what they have been up to. I think the GB boys will be having a few sleepless night and so will their accountants. Goes to show just how stubborn and inflexible they were. It serves you bloody right.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Looks like 2013 is one of the worst years for the WT.

Bangalore

• Splash
    Splash

2014 when they start paying out will be worse.

Splash

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm sorry it had to come to this in the first place but it's about time the watchtower(R) was brought to accoount for it's vile protection of perverts.

You go for it Elizabeth. Chase those villains down!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thank you Cedars for the keeping us updated and current.

To Elizabeth: You are courageous lady and I will be following your story and will be keeping in my thoughts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Splash - "What I think will hsppen is that one will find the formula to be successful - the situation that existed, who was responsible, all counter arguments dismissed - then a precedent has been set."

Already happened last year with the Conti case.

Why else do you think they're all coming out of the woodwork, now?

• nugget
    nugget

It takes a lot of courage to take on any large organisation. These young women and men who are raising awareness of the issue of child abuse in congregations are helping force change. It is a shame that these are the tip of a very large and very ugly iceberg.

• zeb
    zeb

Go Elizabeth!

from Australia.

• zeb
    zeb

Elizabeth; "You have enemies? Good.

It means you have stood up for something sometime in your life."-- Churchill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit